Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Metal Baseball Coming Soon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
So I just got CC'd an email from BG, who told me he's managed to acquire the temporary usage of MLB and Milb licensing, for one product only. He's planning to bring back Metal for baseball (vertical cards this time), to include both major and minor leaguers. The product is to feature on-card autos for both, as well as multi-color auto patches of prospects. And he's also gotten several players to sign 1-year exclusive auto contracts, meaning Topps will have to hold off for a while. Names include Tyler Skaggs, Eric Hosmer, Jarred Cosart, Nick Castellanos, Pedro Alvarez, Trey McNutt, Carlos Triunfel, Anthony Ranaudo and Manny Banuelos, among others. The product will include parallels #d to 40, 20, 5 and 1/1's, as well as GU bat cards #d to 3 of several current ML'ers such as Pujols, Justin Upton, Longoria, Texeira, Hamilton and Man-Ram.

He's planning to release it in July. Will keep you updated as I get more info. I'm still in shock.

Happy April Fool's, one and all. :cool:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You had me with Cosart.

I was about to post insane props for the product and commend Brian, although wonder why you, not he, were making the statement. Forgot what today was.

Jerk.

:ugeek:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I don't care what you all say about Razor and Leaf....

....These are still two of my favorite cards.

razor_25.jpg

razor_au_25.jpg

Great looking cards!

I guess I can only like them because I am collecting him and not prospecting him.

I was actually really excited for this. :(

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
For a sec, I was on the phone screaming at my staff for commenting on on going negotiations.

Bg

Ps- not April fools if u were talking mlbpa

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I figured since I've yet to do an April Fool's joke on these boards until now, people would be more likely to fall for it.

:mrgreen:

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
You set this up so perfectly.... you should have held off on the April Fools part til it got a good 3 pages deep.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Guess you can scream at your self now... :)

Leaf said:
For a sec, I was on the phone screaming at my staff for commenting on on going negotiations.

Bg

Ps- not April fools if u were talking mlbpa

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
So well played JP.

Although quite honestly, would people mind seeing a prospect set like this?

[phil:12u05psh]350452175975[/phil:12u05psh]

$(KGrHqUOKjkE1v7w!ogyBNlSZIbtPQ~~0_3.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
masonphillip said:
Although quite honestly, would people mind seeing a prospect set like this?

$(KGrHqUOKjkE1v7w!ogyBNlSZIbtPQ~~0_3.jpg

If BG did that for baseball, I would be all over it.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
We have 18 releases for 2011 (UD has 25)...
Micromanufacturers are nothing to sneeze at anymore...
And, yes... I do now have a staff of 12-18 (6 are seasonal/packout labor)..
BG

Members online