Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodger fans attack, critically injure Giant fan UPDATED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Not that people needed another reason to hate the toilet bowl known as LA. Those POS Dodger fans!

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_17 ... ck_check=1

Bryan Stow, the 41-year-old paramedic and father of two from Santa Cruz who is still fighting for his life after being assaulted in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after Thursday’s opener.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Our-pray ... 7974046088

http://www.ktvu.com/news/27414379/detail.html
Investigators say the men heckled stow and his friends before hitting stow on the back of the head knocking him to the ground and then kicking him.

Officers said the two men, both wearing Dodgers gear, fled the scene in a car driven by a woman.

The men were described as between 18 and 25 years old.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgers ... ugged.html
"You could have 2,000 policemen there, and it's just not going to change that random act of violence," McCourt said.
Wrote Paul Oberjuerge: "Now there is a man out of touch. ... Frank doesn’t even grasp the depth of the problem."

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Re: Dodger fans attack, critically injure Giant fan

Stuff like this makes me feel ashamed to be a fan. I am a fan, but not stupid like these ones. Sorry to the Giants fans who were hurt in this ********.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009

I'm sure there was alcohol involved. There always is.

POS people who like to get drunk.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California

I wouldn't advise going to Dodger stadium wearing another teams gear, ever. Trust me, unless you have amazing seats, do not even wear any other teams hat, unless you want everything thrown at you.

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008

johnny rook said:
Not that people needed another reason to hate the toilet bowl known as LA. POS dodger fans!

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_17 ... ck_check=1

Yes, because the actions of a group of thugs represents the entire city of Los Angeles and all Dodger fans. Is there a faction of Dodger fans that are low-life imbeciles? Of course, but that is a small minority and when you are dealing with a city that is so large, people like that will exist. There are fights at every Dodger-Giant game, and it's not like the Giant fans are always the innocent ones, either. Every fan base has a group that nobody wants to be associated with, and that group shoudn't be used to stereotype for the whole.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA

stevezimmer22 said:
I wouldn't advise going to Dodger stadium wearing another teams gear, ever. Trust me, unless you have amazing seats, do not even wear any other teams hat, unless you want everything thrown at you.

I used to say that about Candlestick Park, but this type of incident is horrible. I couldn't imagine be that scared at a ballpark.......sad. :cry:

72skywalker

Aug 4, 2010

I was at Fenway Park once for a Yankees/Red Sox game (I am a Yankee fan) and there was this couple a few rows in front of us wearing Yankee gear. A couple behind them but in front of us was in Red Sox gear. The whole game the girl in the Red Sox gear was drunk and kept taunting the girl in the Yankee gear. The Yankee couple just ignored it for a few innings until the Drunk Red Sox girl took her beer and poured it onthe Yankee girl. A fight broke out after that and the police quickly responded. The whole section told the police that the Yankee fans were innocent and the couple in Red Sox gear started it. The police went to take the Red Sox couple away and the drunk girl told the cop that she is a girl and he better not put his hands on her. He said somthing into his radio and within 2 minutes two female cops came to "remove" the girl. It was very impressive wathcing the female cops handle her.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

stevezimmer22 said:
This is absolutely true with the Dodgers.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego

Same crap happens here in San Diego when the Dodgers come to town. I hate to stereotype but its always the Latin Dodoger fans that try to start crap like this. Theyre ridiculous

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009

Typical Phillies fans. Oh wait....

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

sdsportsfan1214 said:
Same crap happens here in San Diego when the Dodgers come to town. I hate to stereotype but its always the Latin Dodoger fans that try to start crap like this. Theyre ridiculous
daily-dos-start-ur-engines.jpg

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

stevezimmer22 said:

As much as it hurts me to stick up for Dodger fans, that's not true. I usually always wear my Padres gear at Dodger stadium and never have gotten more than a playful heckle. That being said, I've never sat in the bleachers.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin

72skywalker said:
I was at Fenway Park once for a Yankees/Red Sox game (I am a Yankee fan) and there was this couple a few rows in front of us wearing Yankee gear. A couple behind them but in front of us was in Red Sox gear. The whole game the girl in the Red Sox gear was drunk and kept taunting the girl in the Yankee gear. The Yankee couple just ignored it for a few innings until the Drunk Red Sox girl took her beer and poured it onthe Yankee girl. A fight broke out after that and the police quickly responded. The whole section told the police that the Yankee fans were innocent and the couple in Red Sox gear started it. The police went to take the Red Sox couple away and the drunk girl told the cop that she is a girl and he better not put his hands on her. He said somthing into his radio and within 2 minutes two female cops came to "remove" the girl. It was very impressive wathcing the female cops handle her.

A group of friends went up north for a Gillette Stadium Kenny Chesney concert a few years back. We were luck enough to win some tickets on the Sox site. They were Green Monster standing tickets for the night before the concert. It was a Friday night. Beckett v. Joba. First hit the Cask & Flagon for pre-game. As always, proudly wearing my Yankee jersey but respectful of where we were. No problems until we get up on the Monster. There were the usual comments but it is expected and taken in fun. Shot a few back, bought a couple beers for people. Good times. This one walking turd in a Papelbon jersey wouldn't let it go. I laughed off the first 5 a-hole comments but he wouldn't let it go. I could tell he was trashed and I believe under age. I was tempted to toss him off the monster but didn't do a thing. He finally left and went to his seat. I actually had Sox fans that heard it all come up and shake my hand and thank me for not fighting him. Other than that, was a great night. Yanks won 1-0. Had a swarm of giant moths come in and one landed in my $8 beer. Other than the one ****** nozzle, it was a great time and left a good impression on me. Thanks for taking the time to read my long-winded story. :)

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

sdsportsfan1214 said:

Yea, even though I just stuck up for them (nothing bad has ever happened to me personally), I can't stand them. They're blind to everything that isn't Dodger blue, some have no knowledge of the game and just aren't very smart. During one game a couple of years ago, Tony Gwynn Jr came to bat and a Dodger fan said, "Wow, Tony Gwynn must be old...he looks really young" ::facepalm::

The worst, and I mean the absolute worst, is sitting next to a loud Dodger fan that can't even pronounce their own team name. "Let's go Doyers" ALL game long.

Rant over.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

padremurph said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

Yea, even though I just stuck up for them (nothing bad has ever happened to me personally), I can't stand them. They're blind to everything that isn't Dodger blue, some have no knowledge of the game and just aren't very smart. During one game a couple of years ago, Tony Gwynn Jr came to bat and a Dodger fan said, "Wow, Tony Gwynn must be old...he looks really young" ::facepalm::

The worst, and I mean the absolute worst, is sitting next to a loud Dodger fan that can't even pronounce their own team name. "Let's go Doyers" ALL game long.

Rant over.
At least no one in San Diego County speaks with a Mexican accent and can pronounce a good old English word like "Padre."

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

200lbhockeyplayer said:
padremurph said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

Rant over.
At least no one in San Diego County speaks with a Mexican accent and can pronounce a good old English word like "Padre."

Padres fans are very quiet, especially compared to Dodger fans. I've never seen a Padre fan yell "Let's Go Padres" all game long. Wish they would, but I've never seen it.

Trust me, it's annoying when it's right in your ear for the whole game.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.

Breaking News- It was NOT a Dodger fan. They would have left early. ;)

Seriously though, that is sad. I'm a Dodger fan and I'm fortunate to always have had box seats (with no problems) except one year. We had bleacher seats way up there. We were sitting by some umm... unsavory individuals. Had the kids with me. Never sit up "there" again.

Leaving the park one time and a large group of gangsters were verbally harassing a lone guy with a Giants jersey on. Felt bad for the guy. Ignorant people make our fan base look bad as a whole. But every team has their fan issues. It's just a game people.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

MartinFFcollector said:
Breaking News- It was NOT a Dodger fan. They would have left early. ;)

Seriously though, that is sad. I'm a Dodger fan and I'm fortunate to always have had box seats (with no problems) except one year. We had bleacher seats way up there. We were sitting by some umm... unsavory individuals. Had the kids with me. Never sit up "there" again.

Leaving the park one time and a large group of gangsters were verbally harassing a lone guy with a Giants jersey on. Felt bad for the guy. Ignorant people make our fan base look bad as a whole. But every team has their fan issues. It's just a game people.

I felt bad for a couple who were wearing Braves jerseys at AT&T last year during the playoffs (and who were not doing anything to deserve heckling). Some old guy was throwing stuff at them. Finally, a couple of the Giants fans around him said something to the usher, but the guy ran away. It's immature and uncalled for.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008

I'll give it to Cardinal fans in that I have never felt threatened by wearing a Cub jersey at Busch.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California

padremurph said:
stevezimmer22 said:

As much as it hurts me to stick up for Dodger fans, that's not true. I usually always wear my Padres gear at Dodger stadium and never have gotten more than a playful heckle. That being said, I've never sat in the bleachers.

Not trying to sound rude, but you are flat out wrong would be in for a huge surprise if you decided to take on that venture. Its not safe, Ive seen it over 15 times. Everything that could be thrown was thrown, and they don't quit they follow you into the parking lot, just like the article states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online