Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Minor League Releases - Your player one of them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Matt Eddy of BA posted a list of some of the players who were released this week and some are guys who had chrome autos/rookies.

some of the more known names include

Brett DeVall Aaron Bates Jason Place Justin Reed Brett Sinkbeil Brad Stone kellen Kulbacki Evan Fredrickson

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/pro ... rch-23-29/

Post your cards in remembrance lol

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
#BlueJays release OF Eric Eiland, 2nd round ’07, who showed plus athleticism but little feel for hitting: .221/.319/.290 in 1,121 career PA.

#Twins release RHP David Gutierrez, younger brother of system's own prospect Carlos. Drafted out of Miami 2 years (and 17 rounds) apart.

#Dodgers release LHP James Adkins, 39th pick in ’07. Shifted to pen his strikeouts spiked (9.9) but hit (9.7) & walk (4.6) rates problematic

#Indians release 3B Matt Cusick (following RHP Andy Shive last week), now have nothing to show for Kerry Wood trade (except heftier wallet).

#Cubs release RHP Chris Huseby, ’06 11th rd who signed for $1.3 mm. Totaled 74 2/3 innings over past 3 seasons & dabbled as position player.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Looking at the Marlins releases, they seemed to have gotten rid of half of their Triple A & Double A rosters from last season:

Brad Stone
John Raynor
Lorenzo Scott
Brandon Tripp
Greg Burns, Jr
Kevin Mattison
Graham Taylor
Chris Leroux
Derrick Turnbow
Lee Mitchell
Kasey Olenberger

There are lots more but that is lots of Minor Leaguers being released.

David

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Bought a Jason Place IP for like $1.

Bought a Brett Sinkbeil Bowman's Best auto for like $2. Also have his Topps RC,

I am in soooooo much money on these, I am afraid I am going to lose my house. /sarcasm

marterburn

Not released but not worth creating a thread, but what the heck does Virgil Hill have to do to earn a roster spot with Quad Cities...he had a fantastic spring, he's not that young, and he showed development in Johnson City last year...agh...it's probably just the stash talking.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
A second-round pick in ’06, 6-foot-5 righty Matt Long went 7-9, 4.89 in 21 starts for Double-A Birmingham last year, showing average stuff across the board. Damn I missed it by that much................. ::facepalm::

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Pine Tar said:
A second-round pick in ’06, 6-foot-5 righty Matt Long went 7-9, 4.89 in 21 starts for Double-A Birmingham last year, showing average stuff across the board. Damn I missed it by that much................. ::facepalm::

I owned his Super in like 2007? Only one I have ever owned.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
dethomas07 said:
Looking at the Marlins releases, they seemed to have gotten rid of half of their Triple A & Double A rosters from last season:

Graham Taylor

David
I pulled his 2008 Chrome Gold Refractor Rookie back in 2008 while I was at a Mariners game. Funny thing is I didn't know a thing about prospecting at the time and It was out of a retail pack which odds where like 1 in a zillion.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Back to this thread:

Tommy Mendoza - Bowman cards in 2005 and 2007 (chrome auto). Got one signed when he was playing in Double-A.

Pirates signed Brett Sinkbeil. I didn't know he was released.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
RNCoyote said:
Back to this thread:

Tommy Mendoza - Bowman cards in 2005 and 2007 (chrome auto). Got one signed when he was playing in Double-A.

Pirates signed Brett Sinkbeil. I didn't know he was released.

ugggh. i got a STASH-OLA of sinkbeil. at least someone picked him up.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brandon Wood: Pirates ready to claim Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood - SS - ANA - Apr. 22 - 8:49 am et
The Pirates will "almost certainly" place a waiver claim on Brandon Wood before Friday's 12:00 ET deadline, according to beat writer Colin Dunlap.
That's what happens when your starting shortstop is Ronny Cedeno. There has been nothing to suggest a change of scenery is all it will take to wake up Wood's long slumbering bat, and even if he's claimed by the Pirates and immediately added to their 25-man roster, he won't be worth a flier in NL-only leagues for the time being. Apr. 22 - 8:49 am et
Source: Colin Dunlap on Twitter

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Released: LHP Jesse English, 1B Wes Hodges

RHP Chad Blauer, RHP Dylan Lindsay, RHP Matt Mitchell, RHP Harold Mozingo, 1B Steven Caseres

Members online