Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NCAA Friday Night Thread (Cole takes the hill)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
cygtr said:
TCU's Kyle Winkler with an awesome outing tonight through 7:

4H 1ER 1BB 15K's

He played for my team in 2009, I made his first card. Our bullpen catcher said his pitches had the most movement of anyone he had ever seen.

4368832581_5bec13bdc1_d.jpg

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Rendon currently playing:

3-3 2R 3RBI BB

(I think he's reacting to all the rhetoric about Cole taking his #1 overall.....which I agree with BTW)

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
And from earlier today:

Virgina and Danny Hultzen demolish Virginia Tech 18-3

Hultzen: 6IP 4H 2ER 2BB 7K W

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I know this is a college thread, but how about potential 1st rounder Henry Owens, who is now 5-0 and tossed a 2-hit shutout today, while striking out 13. Always been a fan of this kid. Friedman, I'm begging you - draft him! :mrgreen:

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Jaypers said:
I know this is a college thread, but how about potential 1st rounder Henry Owens, who is now 5-0 and tossed a 2-hit shutout today, while striking out 13. Always been a fan of this kid. Friedman, I'm begging you - draft him! :mrgreen:

He'll be available right around where my Brewers have their two picks. I would be totally cool with Bauer and Owens (or Purke if he falls that far)

Jackie Bradley; 2-3 RBI RBI BB today

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I wish people were as crazy about Cole last year when I was holding 25 or so autographs as they are now. Statistically, he was having a better season at the same time frame as he is now.

Rendon finished 4-4 with 5 RBI. A team actually decided to pitch him, which is amazing. 37BB in 141 plate appearences is just insane.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
UCLA wins 2-1. Cole's final line - 9 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 10 K. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
beefycheddar said:
sheetskout said:
Jackie Bradley; 2-3 RBI RBI BB today

He swings quite the hot bat.

Reminds me of the movie Major League when Serrano says "keeps bats warm".

I saw a 10U team last year using propane heaters outside their dugout to keep their bats warm during a Fall tournament. The umpires said it was perfectly legal.

Members online