Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantasy Experts - I REALLY need your help, BAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Hey guys and gals.

I am in DEEP trouble. I already have 2 closers on the DL and now two starting Outfielders on the DL along with Brian Matusz missing his start Sunday (I only have 1 dl spot). I am in deep need of another set of eyes to look at my squad to help me see if there is anything I missing.

I really want to pick up zach britton, but I really don't have anyone that I want to drop.

Please give me your thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to be brutally honest, i can take it.

League is head to head, 12 categories, 6 pitching, 6 hitting. K/9 and OPS are the two "different" stats.

My Team

DL
Frank Francisco
Corey Hart
Matt Holiday
Brad Lidge

C-Victor Martinez
1b - Carlos Pena
2b - Robinson Cano
SS - JJ Hary
3b - pablo sandoval
of - Andres Torres, Alex Gordon, Michael Cuddyer
Bench - Omar INfante (ss, 2b, 3b, Of), mitch moreland (1b, U), Tsuyoshi Nishioka (2b, ss)

SP
JOn Lester
David Price
Matt Cain
Tommy Hanson
Brian Matusz
Aniba Sanchez
Michael Pineda

RP
Brandon League
Brian Fuentes
Joe Nathan
(and 2 dl relievers)

PLEASE HELP!

Skrip

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Drop Lidge and Gordon, use your DL slots, and see if you can find anyone decent to pick up on waivers.....anyone good left to pick up temporarily?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
scotty21690 said:
Drop Lidge and Gordon, use your DL slots, and see if you can find anyone decent to pick up on waivers.....anyone good left to pick up temporarily?

I can't drop gordon now, with two dl outfielders, I would have no one to start.

If I dropped lidge it would be to specifically pick up Britton. Anyone else suggest that?

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Matt Capps available in your league?
'Co-Closer' for the Twins along with Nathan. Might be worth a shot if you are desperate for saves.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Then I dunno Skrip, wish I could help. Doesn't look good for the first couple weeks. :?

Don't be afraid to drop one or two of your RPs....screw the saves, go for Wins and K's.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
GarkoCollector said:
Drop Nathan. You can do better.

Problem is also a 12 team league, only relievers out there worth a shot are guys like Saito, no closers, not even close

skrip
Anyone like Evan Meek who may grab some saves here and there?

Archie Graham

Jan 17, 2009
craiger122003 said:
Skrip you will be fine just weather the storm

+1

You knew Hart, Lidge and Francisco were out. Not too sure about when Matusz was a no go but, either way your staff is fine without him going.

The only thing that changed from yesterday to today was Holliday and his appendectomy.

Grabbing Britton and dropping somone like Nishioka wouldn't be a bad play but, with your pitching staff I could easily be talked out of that.

A second idea would be trade off the relievers for upgrades on your bats like @ short and grab high K/9 middle relievers with low whips and ERAs.

Third option sit back watch and wait. You got the pitching to carry you.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
SamHell said:
'Co-Closer' for the Twins along with Nathan. Might be worth a shot if you are desperate for saves.

Capps is gone unfortunately....thanks for the tip though...not a bad one

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Thanks for everyones suggestions, I appreciate it.

I am flustered. I have 4-5 friends that always come to ME for help with fantasy.

The closer situation is really tough for me.

thanks again

If anyone else has thoughts, I would love to hear them

skrip

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
scotty21690 said:

I can't drop gordon now, with two dl outfielders, I would have no one to start.

If I dropped lidge it would be to specifically pick up Britton. Anyone else suggest that?

Skrip,

I wouldn't be so hot to pick up Britton-I think in time, the kids gonna be a #2 guy in the Orioles rotation(maybe their #1)-but in the "here and now," it is really tough for pitching prospects to come in and contribute enough as a starter to warrant being played on a fantasy team. I have been burnt by many kids, while others have worked out-it's just hit and miss.

With all that said-Britton is in the AL East, which makes his job much tougher. I just don't see Britton as being the kind of guy that can come up this year and contribute enough for you to pick him up. I think Pineda is an intriguing option-I think he could provide some nice value.

So, my advice would be not to worry so much about grabbing Britton-if you didn't have as many guys injured, I would say take a chance on Britton. But with so many guys on the DL, I would go in another direction.

Just my opinion, who knows what will end up being the "right" move.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Okay your SP are great no worries there. I would look elsewhere for a starting 1B though. Pena is just not good at all, imo.

Question does Victor Martinez have 1B eligibility? If yes then I would move him to 1B and pickup jp arencbia if available.

For Closer help these are some names:
Contreras
Jorden Walden
Koji Uehara

OF help. I do not know what is out there in your league but it is tough to find a good OF at the moment.

Two guys:
Peter Bourjos
Carlos Gomez
Michael Morse

Your team basically has zero SB. Torres is probably your only contributor.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Canocollector#1 said:
Okay your SP are great no worries there. I would like elsewhere for a starting 1B though. Pena just not good at all.

Question does Victor Martinez have 1B eligibility? If yes then I would move him to 1B and pickup jp arencbia if available.

For Closer help these are some names:
Contreras
Jorden Walden
Koji Uehara

OF help. I do not know what is out there in your league but it is tough to find a good OF at the moment.

Two guys:
Peter Bourjos
Carlos Gomez
Michael Morse

Your team basically has zero SB. Torres is probably your only contributor.

Some good thoughts here. I also have mitch moreland for 1b who I think is going to have a really good year. Yes Victor does have 1b eligiblity. JP Arenciba is already gone. Only catcher out there is carlos ruiz. If i move him, i still need to drop someone, which is my question.

KOJI and Contreras are long gone. Walden is there. Again, who to drop for him?

Speed, yes, I am SEVERELY lacking. Morse is gone, gomez and boujous are both available.

Thanks for the thoughts. If you have any follow up, lmk

thanks!
skrip

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ballerskrip said:
SamHell said:

Capps is gone unfortunately....thanks for the tip though...not a bad one

Oh well. I would then try to pick up an elite set-up guy like DR2B suggested, if any are available. Help your K/9 and ERA. Someone like Soriano, Kuo or Benoit.

Archie Graham

Jan 17, 2009
ballerskrip said:
scotty21690 said:
blazers091 said:
joel hanarahan maybe?
Doubt he is avail

He is gone....12 team league, 25 roster spots, no chance any actual closers are around. Best options appear to be walden and saito.

I think Walden would be a great pick up... He'll help with Ks, ERA, whip, and K/9 with an outside chance of being closer.

Members online

Latest posts