Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My new display case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
This was given to me by a friend who got it for fairly cheap. It was used for mail. I am thinking about how I can paint it or sand it down/strip it to clean it up a bit. All balls are signed IP.

IMAG0067.jpg

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
maryvillereb2003 said:
subpop77 said:
Well good luck and make sure to post your finished project :)
thanks, will do. it is really heavy, i believe it is made of oak

:lol:
SHE-SAID_RK.png
;)

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
maryvillereb2003 said:
subpop77 said:
Not too shabby sand it down and put a good coat of stain on it. ;)
thanks :) thats the plan. i think we may have some wood stain sitting around somewhere...just have to find it
Be careful, most wood stains will only soak into wood that has no finish on it. You would have to sand everybit of it off to have a regular (pigment) stain look good. Your best bet is to sand it a bit and use a Gel stain. They sit on the surface and can be used ontop of finished wood.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
If I may make a suggestion, take some of the shelves out because then there is more "display" than just toploaders and magnetics.

Otherwise that will look dandy when you are done cleaning it up!

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
thanks guys for the tips! i will look at some gel stains and the shelves come right out so i might display some cards where you can see them instead of the toploaders.

Members online

Latest posts