Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favorite ebay searches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
here is one of my favs...

198* (Schmidt,Winfield,Geo* Brett,Yount,gary carter, kei* hernan*,yas*,yaz*,pete rose,stargel*,joe morgan,steve Carlton,Tony Perez,Carew,Seaver,Nol* Ryan,Bench,reggie jac*,fisk,Rice,Dawson,Murphy,Ed* Murr*,molitor,ozzie smith,Ric* Henders*,Ripken,Gwynn,Sandberg,boggs,Pucket*) psa 9

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Roberto_Clemente_21 said:
auto* -pack -packs -box -case -cases -boxes -no -non -dna -sigs -just
Let me save you some space in your search:

auto* -(pack,packs,box,case,cases,boxes,no,non,dna,sigs,just)

Could then be shortened to:

auto* -(pack*,box*,case*,no,non,dna,sigs,just)

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
One of my favs:

2000 (gotg,greats*) au*

Slowly putting that together. au* is better than auto* when being slightly more specific by including a name or set. Lots of AU auctions out there.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
D-Lite said:
One of my favs:

2000 (gotg,greats*) au*

Slowly putting that together. au* is better than auto* when being slightly more specific by including a name or set. Lots of AU auctions out there.

au* brings up authentic, aurora, auburn, authority, aubrey, austin, auction, authentix, aurelio, just to name a few.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
D-Lite said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":2m4syp8x]auto* -pack -packs -box -case -cases -boxes -no -non -dna -sigs -just
Let me save you some space in your search:

auto* -(pack,packs,box,case,cases,boxes,no,non,dna,sigs,just)

Could then be shortened to:

auto* -(pack*,box*,case*,no,non,dna,sigs,just)[/quote:2m4syp8x]

Thanks for the advice but doesn't the comma just replace the dash?

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
the term "auto" reaches buyers who type auto or autograph, whe you are searching, you need to type autograph to get both to show up. Try it with completed listings many more show up when you say george kell autograph, then if you typed george kell auto.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm also a huge fan of asterisks and minus sings, they make all searches more efficient. For example, when I was buying Jameson Taillon Bowman Chrome Autographs, my search was "taillon auto* -elite -sterling -usa". It's not perfect, but you eliminate the majority of the clutter by doing this. It's big with refractors too because some people just put "ref" in listings and you miss out on them if you type "refractor". "Ref*" is the way to go.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I'm also a huge fan of asterisks and minus sings, they make all searches more efficient. For example, when I was buying Jameson Taillon Bowman Chrome Autographs, my search was "taillon auto* -elite -sterling -usa". It's not perfect, but you eliminate the majority of the clutter by doing this. It's big with refractors too because some people just put "ref" in listings and you miss out on them if you type "refractor". "Ref*" is the way to go.

I also like to put asterisks behind the player's name that way if the seller accidentally forgets a space it will show up. For instance, TaillonBowman wouldn't show up if you just have Taillon.

Members online