Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Might be the fastest flip Ive ever done...UPDATED 4/5/11

Grade my trade please.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
EDIT:
Here is what that trade looks like now!!

Some, if not most, of you may dissagree with this trade, but I just got in a few nice cards Friday afternoon and late Saturday night at my buddies house I made a deal for the biggest card in my last mail day.

I traded these 2 card:
uptonchromeauto.jpg

pujolsdonrussauto.jpg

I got these 7 cards:
stantonchromeauto.jpg

stantonchau.jpg

chapmaneliteauto.jpg

hnleyreff.jpg

freeman1.jpg

valenciaref.jpg

grant2.jpg

So the Mays, Rivera and A's dual have been traded and new stuff coming to make the first deal even better.

Curious to hear what the masses think.

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Re: Might have been the fastest flip Ive ever done...

tramers said:
hard to pass the Pujols .

Yeah I know, but I was into it right and he is one of my best friends and he really wanted it. He has traded me monsters before so it's all good.

~AJ

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

Yeah, tough to pass the Pujols but that Mays is awesome and I'm sure there's a lot of people who would be interested in the Henderson/Canseco dual and the others. You and your friend are happy and you're right, that's what really matters. Worst case scenario you can trade him for it down the road.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN

not that bad of a deal, the dual will have a decent crowd as will the mays. i like the others you got as well. pujols is sick though lol

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL

maryvillereb2003 said:
not that bad of a deal, the dual will have a decent crowd as will the mays. i like the others you got as well. pujols is sick though lol

It was tough, it honestly took about 4 hours... back and forth... well what about this.. or what bout that.. It was fun. We trade alot and we always give each other the business about it. Finally came down to him saying fine.. you are not leaving my house with the Pujols cause I know I will not see it again. He came around and saw it my way :twisted: and I got those 5 cards.

We had fun.

~AJ

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

The most important thing is that you're happy with it, especially if it involves a friend...

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

I miss the days where I had fun face to face like that regularly. Now it's just once or twice a year when I get to shows in Rosemont or the very rare trip to the only baseball card shop I go to anymore, Baseball Card City in Peoria when I go visit my brother.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

I can tell you for a fact that about 10 copies of that dual auto have been on Ebay and changed hands over the last 2 years.. they started in the 200 range and I think the last one to sell barely made $100 if I remember correctly. its one of my favorite cards in my own PC and I hope you do well on it.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

gt2590 said:
The most important thing is that you're happy with it, especially if it involves a friend...

I agree with this. Because, like you said, trading is what it's all about, and there's something cool about schoolyard trading applied to cards like this.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

i'd pass on to a friend also , just not a fan of those players .I'm Pirate/ Ranger fan ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Mays on card > Pujols sticker

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009

Looks like your cards are in better condition than his, that Mays is a bit chippy.

I've always liked fewer, more expensive cards, and I like Upton better than Stanton, so I personally would have been reluctant to do it. But then again, if you've had your cards for a long time, it's always fun to have a change in "scenery" every once in a while.

All beautiful cards, regardless, and if both of you are happy, then you've made the world a better place.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL

brouthercard said:
Looks like your cards are in better condition than his, that Mays is a bit chippy.

I've always liked fewer, more expensive cards, and I like Upton better than Stanton, so I personally would have been reluctant to do it. But then again, if you've had your cards for a long time, it's always fun to have a change in "scenery" every once in a while.

All beautiful cards, regardless, and if both of you are happy, then you've made the world a better place.

The Mays is in better condition than the Pujols. Pujols auto runs off the sticker and the front has a few places where you can see small blotches of white. Maybe grade 7.5/8 with a 9 auto. As far as the Stanton vs Upton comment, I've owned at least 5 base and 1 blue auto of that card, but is my first Stanton. And rarely keep anything so moving the Pujols for solid inventory was an easy decision. Plus if he ever trades the Pujols I get 1st crack at it.

Thanks fir the comments.

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL

Junior Griffey said:
I miss the days where I had fun face to face like that regularly. Now it's just once or twice a year when I get to shows in Rosemont or the very rare trip to the only baseball card shop I go to anymore, Baseball Card City in Peoria when I go visit my brother.

Ahhh ..Baseball Card City. Randy and I go back a few years, like almost 16 yrs. Nice shop he has there and awesome guy. We always had fun at the local shows in East Peoria, Pekin and Peoria.

~AJ

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I would have made that trade too, congrats! All just comes down to who you're a fan of and what you collect. I pulled a Pujols auto/jsy/5 6 or 7 years ago and turned it into about 15 HOF/Retired autos of guys I actually liked. It was a no-brainer

Off topic- Seriously Topps, its been 3 years and you're still using that same picture of Stanton in current products?

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL

Juddy said:
You are happy and your friend is happy. I'd say that is a great trade.

He is a collector I'm a flipper. We both got what we wanted / needed in the deal.

~AJ

Members online