Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Bowman a Month away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
So whose buying cases? the BO crowd is convinced with the prospect list not as good as 2010 and overproduction that buying it at current prices $750 hobby/$900 jumbo is a huge ripoff.

For myself, I'm going to my nearest Walmart/Target and will buy up as many rack packs as I can :twisted:

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
autorook said:
So whose buying cases? the BO crowd is convinced with the prospect list not as good as 2010 and overproduction that buying it at current prices $750 hobby/$900 jumbo is a huge ripoff.

For myself, I going to my nearest Walmart/Target and will buy up as many rack packs as I can :twisted:

Jumbos are over $1100 now and regulars over $800 so if they thought $750 to $900 was bad hate to see what they say now

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I got in on 1 Jumbo early on. Never busted a case, but I might have to wait to see what happens in case theres a craze and we have 2010 all over again.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
I am sitting this one out... as posted might do a wally world or targete' run...

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I will be doing 2 cases of jumbo but not right away. I also think the price will drop so I might as well wait

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
If you want to do flip do it as a sealed case... ripping and flipping isn't going to be as profitable this year as the person above postsed 2010 was definitely an anomoly.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I still maintain the the call-up of Belt is going to have more to do with the success of this product than anything else.

If he is the talk of ESPN, cases will explode. If he's a non-factor, then the best prospect auto in the release (yes, ignoring Harper's card) has been wasted.

I don't know if Harper hype will mean much. Maybe...

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Aroldis Chapman, Kyle Drabek, Freddie Freeman, Chris Sale are in the auto list so far aside from the obvious (Harper and Belt).

A month away and no updates on the checklist. ::facepalm::

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
autorook said:
Jaypers said:
Jennings autos have been added to the CL.

Do you have a link showing the latest auto CL?

I haven't seen an updated CL yet, but Topps tweeted a link to a pic some time ago, showing Jennings signing his cards.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I bought 4 Jumbos cases last year.This year I'm not buying any. Outside of the Belt Auto and Harper Auto its not worth it. And if the Harper's are like the Stras's last year then its Definitely not worth it.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
chromerookies said:
I bought 4 Jumbos cases last year.This year I'm not buying any. Outside of the Belt Auto and Harper Auto its not worth it. And if the Harper's are like the Stras's last year then its Definitely not worth it.

Please explain?? You mean if you are able to get $20+ for base Harpers, $40+ for Base Harper Chromes and $400+ for autographs right out of the gate it definitely wont be worth it?? Harper will be the same way as Strasburg in the fact that they will sell for way more than they should. Or, are you just referring to the decline after Strasburg got hurt?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
striderboi said:
I got 4 cases of Jumbo's and 2 reg at a killer price so might flip it the Tristar Show a week after it releases.

I am getting 2 regular cases for a good price. You should just have Greg sell yours for and and get that guy to rip in front of you and buy his hits. lol. ;)

danny666

Apr 3, 2011
tampa, FL
I will buy a case if the price is right, I am pretty sure I am buying half a case of jumbos at my LCS when it hits...
other then that, EBAY sales on jumbo cases are around $900 each.. they have been up and down..
Last year i heard the Stras auto was hit per every 4 cases...
We will see this year with Harper...

auto checklist is decent, you'll be close to half your $$$ back if you pull some Harper's, and or good blue's , gold's etc..
i think it will be a good set.

Members online

Latest posts