Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Calling all Mariner fans (contest) WINNER prospectorgems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
In honor of my first-place Seattle Mariners and inspired by member kevbo's generous gesture I've decided to hold a contest for all Mariner fans. The prize is a 15-card Mariner autos/gu/ref/rc lot (pic below).

To enter post who your favorite all-time Mariner and favorite current Mariner is.

Why only Mariner fans? Well, A) it's hard enough unconditionally rooting for them year-in and B) most of the prizes would be considered junk by anyone else, or flipped for a couple bucks. The idea is that these go to a member who can appreciate them.

Winner will be chosen by random.org. I'm keeping the contest open to entry for either as long as the Mariners are in first place in the AL West or the opening game of the Mariners/Rangers series (which ever is later).

new004.jpg

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Re: Calling all Mariner fans (contest)

All Time- Gotta be Griffey
Currently, Ichiro is the man. Never seen anyone that just knows how to hit how he does.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA

All time... Has to be Griffey
Right now I like The King Felix Hernandez, he plays games with a swagger that makes the entire team actually look good (at least for a few hours.)

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

All Time: George Kenneth Griffey, Junior.
Current: Félix Abraham Hernández

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

All time: Greg Erardi (look him up, he was my coach in little league :D )

I'm not a Mariner fan so please don't enter me into the contest

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

All-time - Jay Buhner
Current - Ichiro

Grew up a Mariners fan and was very upset when Griffey cried his way out of town. I will never forgive him for that while everyone else has. Even though I live in Wisconsin and able to watch the Brewers games, I am still a long-time Mariners fan. In fact, still have Ichiro on my license plate ever since he came to the MLB.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada

All Time is either Edgar or Jr (So many played here in Calgary.....Jay, Edgar, A Rod, even Harold!)
Current is Ichiro

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

Gotta love being born and raised in Seattle ;) :cool:

All Time Favorite: Ken Griffey Jr. all the way!!!
Current Favorite: King Felix Hernandez

Picture001.jpg
King13.jpg

Very awesome gesture and thanks for the contest!!!

Alex

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008

Can't wait for opening day!

Favorite M - Joey Cora
Current M - Guti Guti Goooooood!!!
[sidebar] Greatest thing about the M's.............GARLIC FRIES!!!

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008

yanksfan4eva said:

Favorite M - Joey Cora

Strong username to post relation.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

Ian Stewart said:
yanksfan4eva said:

Favorite M - Joey Cora

Ryan is VERY local to Seattle and goes to a good 5+ games a year...I can vouch and put everything on that :mrgreen:

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008

Ian Stewart said:
yanksfan4eva said:

Favorite M - Joey Cora

Moved here about 4 years ago. Found out why people who live in the Northwest love this area and everything about it.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Keep them coming! I like reading the anecdotes as well.

Mine, like most, is Griffey and King Felix.

Grew up in Seattle area and went to many games in the Kingdome as a teen. I loved watching Griffey, Edgar, Randy, Jay and the revolving door of left fiedlers (Jeff Leonard was my fav). The only Mariner I remember ever hating was Bobby F-in Ayala.

As far as the current team, it's a pleasure to watch Felix start to master pitching and Ichiro display his samurai abilities. I like the crop of youth but the one player I'll stop whatever I'm doing to watch is Justin Smoak. Dude has an electric bat and I'm looking forward to seeing how he adjusts to MLB pitching in his first full season.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA

chompsmcgee said:
Keep them coming! I like reading the anecdotes as well.

Mine, like most, is Griffey and King Felix.

Grew up in Seattle area and went to many games in the Kingdome as a teen. I loved watching Griffey, Edgar, Randy, Jay and the revolving door of left fiedlers (Jeff Leonard was my fav). The only Mariner I remember ever hating was Bobby F-in Ayala.

As far as the current team, it's a pleasure to watch Felix start to master pitching and Ichiro display his samurai abilities. I like the crop of youth but the one player I'll stop whatever I'm doing to watch is Justin Smoak. Dude has an electric bat and I'm looking forward to seeing how he adjusts to MLB pitching in his first full season.
Smoak is an intriguing hitter, I was at a game down in Anaheim when he hit his first homerun as a Mariner. Did you at all see the article when Smoak said,
"I'm trying to be a hitter," he said. "Before, I was just a power hitter."

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/mar/ ... z1IVUcTjWg

Anyway the Mariners lost :cry: making them in second place, does that mean the contest is over?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

MarinerswinWS said:
Smoak is an intriguing hitter, I was at a game down in Anaheim when he hit his first homerun as a Mariner. Did you at all see the article when Smoak said,
"I'm trying to be a hitter," he said. "Before, I was just a power hitter."

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/mar/ ... z1IVUcTjWg

Anyway the Mariners lost :cry: making them in second place, does that mean the contest is over?

I made a contingency if the Mariners lost first place within hours of the post I would extend the contest until the start of tomorrow nights' series opener with the Rangers.

I dubbed it, "Plan A"

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada

I'm the little guy by the fence...this was May, 89 in Calgary. Edgar had made the big club and Jr was just getting his feet wet.

EMSUNME.jpg

KGEMball.jpg

KGEMpanini.jpg

09ultimateeightmemorabiliamariners.jpg

9-2.jpg

2001MVPEdgarMartinezBattingGlovehol.jpg

scan2-3.png

Thanks Alex!!
seacards.jpg

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Calling all Mariner fans (contest) prospectorgems WINNER

Went to random.org, put in the # of contestants, hit the 'generate' button three times and our winner is:

prospectorgems

Even though you are a Brewers super-collector perhaps these cards can help you towards becoming a Mariner super-collector on the side.

PM on the way. Thanks for participating all. Go Mariners!

Members online

Latest posts