Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Derek Jeter 1998 Flair Showcase Legacy Masterpiece 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Yeah it was fun to watch......how do you know how many "watchers" it had, thought only sellers knew that information.

n301535

Apr 3, 2011
No problem and thank you for the welcome!

Two years ago at the National someone sold the A-Rod 1/1 for $2,500 CASH and Jeter has more following I would think.

Definitely a true rare 1/1......a must for the ultimate Jeter fan. You think it will be worth more once Jeter hits #3000 ?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
n301535 said:
No problem and thank you for the welcome!

I think the Jeter 1/1 went for cheap I thought it would have ended @ leat $3,000+

Two years ago at the National someone sold the A-Rod 1/1 for $2,500 CASH and Jeter has more following I would think.

Definitely a true rare 1/1......a must for the ultimate Jeter fan. You think it will be worth more once Jeter hits #3000 ?

After seeing the last few nice Legacy closing prices this card could hit $4K if the right to bidders stepped up....these are a true big dog card and few can/will bid on them, imho.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Welcome to the site. The ending price did not surprise me, high or low. Not sure that 3000 hits will change the market on a card like this. I think it is a chase card for only the most die hard high-end collectors, and those were going all out now and will go all out then. I could see it getting more or less simply based on who has money on the day it is up for auction.

I was more surprised at how low the Manny and Molitor that sold at the same time went. I was planning on bidding and forgot to, but I would have paid more than the Manny went for, that's for sure. He's one of the best hitters of all time though obviously has no where close to the market as Jeter.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Incredible card. So many factors going in to the bidding. A Masterpiece is certainly one of those few cards a collector can point to and say "If I could own one card before I die..."
Plus a 90's Masterpiece is like owning a Picasso. Lots of people want one for the status, just to say they have one and not necessarily because they give a crap about Picasso

n301535

Apr 3, 2011
Has anyone ever seen them? I wonder if they will pop up now that the other 1/1 has sold for big $$$

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
n301535 said:
Has anyone ever seen them? I wonder if they will pop up now that the other 1/1 has sold for big $$$

Yeah, they have all surfaced over time.......A seller many years back had two at one of the Nationals

Latest posts