Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NYY Future Catcher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Jeter.

You dont need range and does he really wanna go to the outfield? He can catch for 3-4 years and move to DH for another 4-5 and after that become a player/manager and put himself in as a pinch hitter every game.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
StrasburgMania said:
MarinerswinWS said:
hoopster3977 said:
Gary Sanchez
+1
Will Montero catch next year in your opinion?
He'll never be a catcher, and from his Spring Training performance :? who knows were he'll end up maybe DH. But you have to take in consideration that the Yankees spend their money on big time players and will always trade their prospects for proven MLB players.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
blanning71 said:
So Stras--are you stocked up on Jesus or something? Seems you're pretty sure of the answer even when you're asking people's opinions.
yes, i have a lot of jesus stuff but it is an intresting qeustion i mean its a big deal to the fans or should be because when you think yankees catcher (past 5-10 years) you think Jorge Posada it is interesting to think a new future is here or coming soon.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
StrasburgMania said:
blanning71 said:
So Stras--are you stocked up on Jesus or something? Seems you're pretty sure of the answer even when you're asking people's opinions.
yes, i have a lot of jesus stuff but it is an intresting qeustion i mean its a big deal to the fans or should be because when you think yankees catcher (past 5-10 years) you think Jorge Posada it is interesting to think a new future is here or coming soon.

You're being way too transparent here. Basically, it seems like you're asking if you screwed up hoarding Montero cards when he may never catch for the Yankees. When you got peoples opinions, you essentially asked them why not Montero. A better question would have been if people thought Montero would be the Yanks catcher anytime soon.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
and so I don't come off as bashing this thread, I will give you my thoughts.

I like Russ Martin. I have always liked him from his Dodger days. I really hope that he can get back to the form that had him making noise a few years ago amongst the baseball world. However, and I've seen it time and time again as I am a life long Yankee fan,........they probably won't keep him unless he blows up this year. I can see Romine coming up and making a splash as catcher and I feel they will deal Montero to another team for an arm.

Now, with that said, if they pitching staff does really well.......they may decide to keep Montero and let him and Romine fight it out. From what I have read, his catching skills aren't as polished as Romine's and to me, I would rather have a hell of a defensive catcher that can call a great game and take care of business behind the plate rather than a one sided bohemoth of a hitter that couldn't catch a cold.

I also hope that Gary Sanchez gets a shot. Just because I have a EEE red status diecut auto of him...and I wanna pimp it something awesome.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
vwnut13 said:
Well, Martin had a bad spring and has done very well these first three games.

Why can't Montero?

I'm sure he can. Like I said, with the pitching situation that they have, I would think they'll hold onto him as a bargaining chip for a pitcher. Perhaps not......who knows.....the only for sure bet as to whoever will be the catcher for the Yankees is whoever Girardi pencils in on gameday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts