Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

98 Bowman Chrome refractor set finished!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I now have all 441 cards and have finished the 1998 bowman chrome regular refractor set.

[strike:32dby1xb]1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 271 Eddie Taubensee[/strike:32dby1xb] pack pulled baby! (August)
[strike:32dby1xb]1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 129 Ryan Anderson RC[/strike:32dby1xb] arrived in the mail (October)
[strike:32dby1xb]1998 Bowman Chrome refractor 397 Steve Lomasney RC[/strike:32dby1xb] arrived in the mail (December)

Merry Christmas to me!

IMG-3.jpg

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Re: Only need 4 98 bowman Chrome refractors to finsh the set...

I'm pretty sure I have the Taubensee. I am at work, but I will check when I get home. Are you looking to trade or buy?

Also, I have some of the Internationals and International Refractors from this set, do you need any of those?

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Re: Only need 4 98 bowman Chrome refractors to finsh the set...

Down to 3 thanks to Bunchobull, who pointed me towards a Jose Guillen refractor.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Re: Only need 3 98 bowman Chrome refractors to finsh the set...

I remember when the Ryan Anderson was the most expensive card in the set! Good luck with finishing this off. I got down to about 15 and then bagged the set. I sold it off to a guy in Canada. I checked my extras still sitting around and I didn't have any of these.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Re: Only need 2 98 bowman Chrome refractors to finsh the set...

Just busted 2 boxes and pulled an Eddie Taubensee refractor! Sweetness. Pretty long odds when you only need 3 more...

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Re: Only need 1 98 bowman Chrome refractor to finsh the set...

Thanks to Haidog for setting me up with a Ryan Anderson refractor!

Now Steve Lomasney is the last man standing.....

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Re: 1 98 bowman Chrome refractor (Lomasney) to finsh the set...

Thank you for the link. The money is not an obstacle in spending $6 for a Lomasney refractor- but I was hoping to avoid "just buying' the last card I need as that was not how I built the set. It has taken a while to build and has been a fun project, so maybe somebody will find one or one will pop up on ebay or COMC for an appropriate price and that would be a fun way to finish off the set.
Of course, if I still need it in a year I'll mosey on over to the Becket market place and pick it up! ;)

petesahuttt

Sep 15, 2010
Congrats man, that is quite an accomplishment!
I'm working on the 2010 A&G No-Number mini set, parallel set collecting can be a burden but the joy at the end is well worth it!
How are you storing/displaying it?

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Thanks.

I have each of the parallel sets for the 98 bowman chrome set in new penny sleeves and new top loaders in a 3 row box. It is very good on the safety/storage aspect but not so great on the display. When I was adding cards more frequently I was looking at them more but lately I haven;t been going through them as often. That is where the scans I have are a nice compliment to my current lack of time to look at the real cards.

I have made it to 326 different and 74% complete on the golden anniversaries...but even with 10 more years I am doubtful that will get to 100% complete. Time will tell.

Good luck on your A&G set!