Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joe Torre's NEW Book ---He is talking garbage about Yanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Joe Torre writes in his new book The Yankee Years that Alex Rodriguez was often referred to by teammates as "A-Fraud" and was "obsessed" with perceived rival Derek Jeter.
Torre also takes shots at owner George Steinbrenner and GM Brian Cashman. The current Dodgers manager will head out on a short publicity tour for the book in early February.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
So much for Gentleman Joe. Why write a book. I am sure he is not low on funds. He should be thanking Cashman for the talent he provided him with. Look at the players Joe got to manage. Very low class Joe.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
jlvjr16 said:
Alex Rodriguez was often referred to by teammates as "A-Fraud" and was "obsessed" with perceived rival Derek Jeter.

Is this really news? Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy the book, but the fact that A Rod isn't the most popular amongst his teammates and that he has mental issues is hardly news.

By the way, not meant as a negative post towards the OP, I just think it's silly that this is on the front page on the Post sports page this morning. Not that important.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Torre is just doing this to make a little side cash. Jay McGwire probably called Torre up and said, "Hey, my book idea didn't pass!" "Your turn!"

G

So Joe wrote a book big deal. Actually I would have thought he would have wrote this after
is was done managing in baseball.

So when does the sequel come out say after he leaves the Dodgers in 3-5 years. and that is if they
have him as a manger until say 2015.

Ok La fans your team in going to be in Joe Torres next tell all book. :lol:

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Pine Tar said:
So Joe wrote a book big deal. Actually I would have thought he would have wrote this after
is was done managing in baseball.

So when does the sequel come out say after he leaves the Dodgers in 3-5 years. and that is if they
have him as a manger until say 2015.

Ok La fans your team in going to be in Joe Torres next tell all book. :lol:

:lol: he's going to tell everybody about Manny being Manny

G

studioclint said:
I am glad he wrote the book. I think it is interesting.
In 2008 I read to books, and if you know me this was a major milestone for me.
Anyway in 2009 i plan on reading 3 book :lol: and this is one of them.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
jcmint said:
So much for Gentleman Joe. Why write a book. I am sure he is not low on funds. He should be thanking Cashman for the talent he provided him with. Look at the players Joe got to manage. Very low class Joe.

Exactly.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
He's going to do a book signing in NY I think in Borders or Barnes and Noble on February. Lets hope it doesnt get hostile. I plan on attending lets see what happens.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
jlvjr16 said:
He's going to do a book signing in NY I think in Borders or Barnes and Noble on February. Lets hope it doesnt get hostile. I plan on attending lets see what happens.

He's going to need more security than Obama did on Inauguration Day.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
My mother works at a restaurant that Joe Torres sister goes to (Sister Torre) and to be honest good for Joe, I have heard the stories over the years since Sister Torre knows my mother is a Yankee fan and I can only hope they are in the book. I personally think you guys are nuts if you think a Yankee fan will do something to Joe he is a really nice guy who has done tons for the team and that is finally getting his due speaking his mind. I cant wait to get my copy autographed :D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
I'm reserving judgment until the book is actually out, but if it is as it sounds, I'm with you here.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
jcmint said:

I think you are missing the point that he was heart broken, Cashman and George did some very slimy things to him including the way he was let go. And from my understanding he was tormented by them for YEARS. I am sure Joe will give Cashman credit for building these teams but the behind the scenes stuff he did will be brought to light.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
As much as I'm a Yankee fan, I'm happy for the guy.
In the last few years the yankees treated him like major scum twice (maybe more in private):
1) Firing him that way.
2) Not mentioning him at the ceremony where they mentioned all Yankee Legends.

Also, I'm sure only a small percentage of the book is negative. He definitely has plenty of positives from his experience in the Bronx.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts