Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodgers Look Impressive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
With the exception of Saturday's game, they look pretty good so far. Taking 3 out of 4 from the Giants is no small task. I do realize putting up a goose egg on Saturday was pretty sad, but I would rather have 3 out of 4.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Yep...lookin' good!

Hopefully they play like this all season...I would LOVE to see a Red Sox/Dodger World Series :mrgreen:

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I am not to happy with how Broxton looks he has given up 2 HR in the 3 game he played in. He needs to fix that slider and fast or thing could get very ugly.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
FKW - Pretty ironic huh?

Vetsgt02 - I totally agree with your statement.

Johnny - Teams will take runs any way they can get them..Sometimes it is better to be lucky.

Box - I hope not. LOl

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
fkw said:
Dodgers are 3-1 but have been outscored 18-13 so far.

Blowout losses happen, get back to me after 30+ games have been played and we don't have such as a SSS. I'll feel better about the bullpen once Vicente Padilla is back from the DL myself...

I recognize that the wins weren't of a dominating sort and were helped by the Giants errors but then hey look at how anemic the Padres offense was last year yet they found a way to win, only really blowing it with the first real long losing streak of the season late in the game.

If I were the Giants I'd be more concerned about an aging lineup with some pretty weak defense at key positions as that's going to be hard to fix compared to hitting and pitching.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Let's see how they play when the games mean something.

They looked disinterested and leaderless last couple of yrs...something Torre didn't help with.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
The Dodgers pitching staff looked better than I expected but without the errors in the 1st two games the Dodgers only score 1 run and we all saw the no good horrible night Huff had last night. He single handedly gave the Dodgers 4 runs with his defense. So I would get too excited just yet if I was a Dodger fan, but as a Giants I am concerned that Huff just can't handle the OF and Belt may have to be sent down or a big trade worked out when Ross comes back.

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
The Dodgers pitching staff looked better than I expected but without the errors in the 1st two games the Dodgers only score 1 run and we all saw the no good horrible night Huff had last night. He single handedly gave the Dodgers 4 runs with his defense. So I would get too excited just yet if I was a Dodger fan, but as a Giants I am concerned that Huff just can't handle the OF and Belt may have to be sent down or a big trade worked out when Ross comes back.
Why should Belt be sent down? He looks good and is one of the few guys that can work a count and take a walk, he has an AMAZING eye already!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
GiantsSuperCollector said:
ronfromfresno said:
Why should Belt be sent down? He looks good and is one of the few guys that can work a count and take a walk, he has an AMAZING eye already!

I'm all for the rookie but he's 2 for 13 with 4 walks and the one HR, at the end of the three weeks when Ross comes back, if Belt is hitting .300 with a couple more HR then I consider keeping him but tell me what do you think they should do with Huff? He can't play in the OF, maybe LF he's a little better there but who do you bench? Ross? Burrell with 2 HR and a better average than Belt right now? or do you trade someone? Tough call and then who do you release? Nate? a RP? who? Only real option is to send Belt down unless he's on an insane streak.

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
ronfromfresno said:

I'm all for the rookie but he's 2 for 13 with 4 walks and the one HR, at the end of the three weeks when Ross comes back, if Belt is hitting .300 with a couple more HR then I consider keeping him but tell me what do you think they should do with Huff? He can't play in the OF, maybe LF he's a little better there but who do you bench? Ross? Burrell with 2 HR and a better average than Belt right now? or do you trade someone? Tough call and then who do you release? Nate? a RP? who? Only real option is to send Belt down unless he's on an insane streak.
If you do send Belt down you screw with his head and his confidence. I would say eat Rowand's contract, Belt has looked good on some of his outs as well. I would prefer to have Burrell coming off the bench in late innings for the clutch hit and have Huff in LF, but we have no clue WTF Bochy is thinking.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I honestly could care less what happens to Brandon Belt...This thread is not for discussing him, but rather the 3-1 record the Dodgers have. You are more than welcome to start a Belt thread and keep track there. Thanks!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
For the most part it was a very close well pitched series. I love it when the Dodgers and the Giants play close series. Makes the rivalry much better. if it wasn't for stupid errors and having a RF that doesn't need 200' to get up to full speed and it would have been much closer. This is nothing new though. The Dodgers own the Giants April-June.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
kdailey4315 said:
For the most part it was a very close well pitched series. I love it when the Dodgers and the Giants play close series. Makes the rivalry much better. if it wasn't for stupid errors and having a RF that doesn't need 200' to get up to full speed and it would have been much closer. This is nothing new though. The Dodgers own the Giants April-June.

^^^ Thanked because of the right fielder reference. LOL Too funny!

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
alexs64 said:
I honestly could care less what happens to Brandon Belt...This thread is not for discussing him, but rather the 3-1 record the Dodgers have. You are more than welcome to start a Belt thread and keep track there. Thanks!

Ya let's turn this into a Giants :grouphug: fest...please.

The brightest spot for the Dodgers in this young season is Matt Kemp. He walked three times on Opening Day--something he's never done in one game in his career. On top of that, he's only walked twice like, 16 times ever. Matt Kemp with plate discipline is an intimidating thought and people buy tickets to watch a player like him perform.

I'm worried about Andre Ethier, he's seemingly already checked out of LA and I hope that hasn't damaged his confidence. Remember last season, before the hand injury? He led all Triple Crown categories pre-injury.

I still don't know what to make of the pitching. Everyone is predicting great things from Clayton Kershaw and his 9K performance was promising. The rest is a question mark. Chad Billignsley still hasn't put together a solid full season, you have to wonder how well Lilly takes Dodger Stadium, Vicente Padilla is hurt, Hiroki Kuroda can be awful or he can be serviceable, and Jon Broxton looks to be going the Brad Lidge route.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
rico08 said:
alexs64 said:

Ya let's turn this into a Giants :grouphug: fest...please.

The brightest spot for the Dodgers in this young season is Matt Kemp. He walked three times on Opening Day--something he's never done in one game in his career. On top of that, he's only walked twice like, 16 times ever. Matt Kemp with plate discipline is an intimidating thought and people buy tickets to watch a player like him perform.

I'm worried about Andre Ethier, he's seemingly already checked out of LA and I hope that hasn't damaged his confidence. Remember last season, before the hand injury? He led all Triple Crown categories pre-injury.

I still don't know what to make of the pitching. Everyone is predicting great things from Clayton Kershaw and his 9K performance was promising. The rest is a question mark. Chad Billignsley still hasn't put together a solid full season, you have to wonder how well Lilly takes Dodger Stadium, Vicente Padilla is hurt, Hiroki Kuroda can be awful or he can be serviceable, and Jon Broxton looks to be going the Brad Lidge route.

Billingsley: 2008: ERA of 3.14, 2010: ERA of 3.57. Those seem pretty good to me.

Members online