Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Musial Vintage Check...My geeky assumption of it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Yesterday I was at the Twin Cities show and picked up this Musial 1946 check as it was signed as Stanley Musial, always wanted a Stanley sig. I noticed right away that there were two inks, a green and a black, but didn’t think anything of it while negotiating with the seller. When I got home and was looking it over further, I noticed that the writing between the two inks was different also. So I was thinking, this check was filled out mid-season by Stan and finished off by someone else later, more than likely his wife Lil. I was thinking that Stan probably filled this out before leaving for an away series, but needed to confirm this. So today I went out to baseballreference.com to look at box scores from around August 30th, 1946, the date of the check. Sure enough, on Aug 29th, the Cardinals finished up a home series, August 30th was an off day, and Aug 31st they started a series in Pittsburgh. I don’t know, I just find it kind of unique, filled out and signed by Stan, finished off by his wife more than likely. I just kinda :geek: like that :lol:

MusialCheck.jpg

1946CardinalsAugSeptgames.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
That's awesome! Can you make out what it says on the memo line?

Edit: Looks like balance 1st payment, Y 2nd payment. Who is it made out to?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
That's awesome! Can you make out what it says on the memo line?

Edit: Looks like balance 1st payment, Y 2nd payment. Who is it made out to?

Memo Line: Balance of 1st Payment + 2nd Payment

To: Associates District Corporation IIRC. I will have to look at the stamp on the back when I get home to be sure. I just googled that name and nothing comes up. Im sure its a long defuncted company, but would be cool to know what it was.

Also a little nerdy thing, this is check #2 that was written from this account. #1 was sold a few months back on ebay, as I still have the auction link, would be cool to have #1, but I have #2 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts