Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gypsy Queen Art / GU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Maybe I'm not as picky as some, but I think they look pretty nice. Sure some of the sketches aren't perfect, but I'd say all are pretty recognizable even if you don't have the player listed below (not something you could say about previous 1/1 sketch cards). In my opinion, saying these sketches are horrible is being pretty nit picky about some pretty nice art cards.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
With these sketch cards it seems every time the very talented artists are given a small canvas along with a short time frame and a tiny budget. For that its good. Most of the time and as with this artist here they are way more talented than these cards show.

What bums me out is when the artist is given free cards to make their own to sell and they are so BEAUTIFUL its sickening. I wish those made it in the packs.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
nyc3 said:
With these sketch cards it seems every time the very talented artists are given a small canvas along with a short time frame and a tiny budget. For that its good. Most of the time and as with this artist here they are way more talented than these cards show.

What bums me out is when the artist is given free cards to make their own to sell and they are so BEAUTIFUL its sickening. I wish those made it in the packs.

agreed

henchmeister

Oct 31, 2010
The art of the cards are not bad, I'll give it that. The configuration of the cards are awful. Who's bright idea was it to place the jersey right smack in the middle of the card and over part of the player? ::facepalm::

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I thought I'd add that painting specific recognizable faces that tiny is no small feat. We're seeing blown up scans of very small paintings and being critical. I'd love to get any one of those. I do admit though, for the most part, if you look at the players where the face is larger on the card, they look better. I'm sure that's due to the difficulty of painting smaller recognizable faces, but none are bad in my opinion.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
I thought I'd add that painting specific recognizable faces that tiny is no small feat. We're seeing blown up scans of very small paintings and being critical. I'd love to get any one of those. I do admit though, for the most part, if you look at the players where the face is larger on the card, they look better. I'm sure that's due to the difficulty of painting smaller recognizable faces, but none are bad in my opinion.

I am actually going to contact the artist to see about the ball in their profile picture. If thats a sample of their work I will be seeing when they have some time available.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I think those cards are amazing!
In regards to the artists getting sketches to sell for themselves, a lot of the artists make x amount of sketches, send them in, and whatever the company doesn't want, they can then sell as an artist's copy after the release of the product. Many times those are worth more than the ones that were inserted. I think this artist did an outstanding job, one of the better cards I have seen lately.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
vwnut13 said:
Honestly, you guys are complaining about those sketches?
yes. some of them are absolutely horrid, especially for being 1/1s

207874_1929349841580_1477251273_2222261_4380944_n.jpg

Members online

Latest posts