Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's taken more than 5 years but at last, it's done!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I finally finished my 2005 Topps 2004 Red Sox World Champions set. Of course the Sox won in 04 and the set was released in 2005 Topps, hence the weird name of the set. Anyway, the Bill Mueller bat was the first card I bought in 2005 and I just got the Pedro Partinez Uniform card in today. Phew, that took waaaaaay longer than I though it would.

Enjoy!

champslot.jpg

champslot1.jpg

champslot2.jpg

Thanks for the look!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Huge congrats, James!! :mrgreen:

They look great all together! Only two of those players still left on the Sox :cool:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats on the set completion!!!!

I'm a big GU set collector and it feels great to finally be done! I waited a year to find a stupid GU A-Rod jersey in order to complete one of my sets....

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
scotty21690 said:
Huge congrats, James!! :mrgreen:

They look great all together! Only two of those players still left on the Sox :cool:

...ditto to what Scotty said James!!

Surprised to see that Tek was not one of the two still left. Was he not in this set? That seems odd that Youk was (as a rookie) and not Tek. Also, no Wake?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Hey guys thanks for all the comments! I still can't believe that it's done, but man am i glad that it is.
As for why certain players are in the set and other aren't... Not sure. If I remember correctly Topps didn't even have Varitek under contract until around 2005 anyway so maybe they didn't have any GU stuff of his.
Not sure if that's the reason, just a guess.
Thanks again everyone!

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Those cards are neat - I have a Mientkiewicz. When I got it in hand, I remember thinking that it was the smallest GU piece I had ever seen on a card.

Congrats on completing it!

Members online

Latest posts