Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how do some MLBers have no cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I was looking for Craig Kimbrel cards.
He closed the Braves out tonight.
He has like 1 Tristar card.

How do some prospects have 100 cards before the Majors;
but others make the 40-man or majors with no trading cards?

Is this about exclusive contracts or something?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Adam Rosales has been in bigs 3 years and still hasn't gotten a MLB card. Going into his 4th year has to be a record for a guy not getting a card yet.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Guy has looked lights out too. I heard on the radio after the game that in his short career he has recorded 68 outs, 45 by strikeout?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
cmixer said:
I was looking for Craig Kimbrel cards.
He closed the Braves out tonight.
He has like 1 Tristar card.

How do some prospects have 100 cards before the Majors;
but others make the 40-man or majors with no trading cards?

Is this about exclusive contracts or something?

Because manufacturers feel it more important to make small sets with the same boring player selection over and over again. Pujols will have 500 cards alone this year LOL.

JoshHamilton is right with Total, but base Topps should be able to accomodate a more diverse checklist given there are 990 cards in that set (series 1, 2 & update) every year. I'd definitely agree every MLBer should have a base card every year because its the most important league.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
He also might not be part of the licensing deal. Remember when Barry Bonds opted out so there were no cards at the end of his career? I have no idea why a player might do that, especially a lower-echelon guy, but it could be a reason.

Members online

Latest posts