Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 Black Diamond A Piece of History Double

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So these were 1:1079 packs, which is about 1 in 36 boxes. Since they are not serial numbered, does anyone have any idea of what kind of print run these have? I see the singles pop on eBay all the time but the doubles seem few and far in between.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I remember my dad buying the single and double at a card show (around 2001) for $100 and thinking we got a steal. Would love to see the triples though!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Speaking of loving to see triples... I posted a thread once saying "has anyone seen this card" and this is what I got...

BlackDiamondTriple.jpg

Lets just say I hit the floor when I saw the scan LOL

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
mansgame said:
Speaking of loving to see triples... I posted a thread once saying "has anyone seen this card" and this is what I got...

BlackDiamondTriple.jpg

Never seen a triple. Thats a sweet card there. :)

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
Back when this stuff first came out, I was at a Mall-Show helping a dealer buddy of mine. He had a deep-pocketed lawyer client that would buy anything rare. A guy walks in with the Griffey Triple and the 1999 Ulimate Victory Ryan/Brett/Yount/Cepeda Quad bat. He called this lawyer and bought the 2 cards for $600.00.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Krom said:
mansgame said:

BlackDiamondTriple.jpg

Never seen a triple. Thats a sweet card there. :)

Cool knowing it packed out but sad part is it isn't mine :(

Had a guy on the boards tell me he owned it (which is how I got the scan) but sold it back in the early 2000s to someone but couldn't remember who. Maybe it'll pop up sometime... who knows...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
djrulz said:
Back when this stuff first came out, I was at a Mall-Show helping a dealer buddy of mine. He had a deep-pocketed lawyer client that would buy anything rare. A guy walks in with the Griffey Triple and the 1999 Ulimate Victory Ryan/Brett/Yount/Cepeda Quad bat. He called this lawyer and bought the 2 cards for $600.00.

Called his lawyer to spend $600 ::facepalm::

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
ballerskrip said:
djrulz said:

Called his lawyer to spend $600 ::facepalm::

He didn't call to get permission from his lawyer to spend $600. He called a client to see if he wanted the 2 cards for $600.

Members online