Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is CheckMyCardOut.com any good compared to Feebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Really tired of selling on FeeBay, way too many fees with the ocassionally scammer thrown into the mix.

Has anyone sold on checkoutmycard.com? Seems like mostly low end cards with high asking prices. I really don't want to send my mid-high end prospect cards if the site caters to lowend stuff.

Any advice greatly appreicated.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I doubt there is a lot of money to be made prospecting on check out my cards. The casual baseball card fan who prospectors are going to make money off of doesn't know about check out my cards. They probably get 1/1000 of the traffic that eBay gets.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
kdailey4315 said:
I doubt there is a lot of money to be made prospecting on check out my cards. The casual baseball card fan who prospectors are going to make money off of doesn't know about check out my cards. They probably get 1/1000 of the traffic that eBay gets.
Are there any other popular card sites I can sell prospects?

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
i use COMC - it works fine, but takes longer.
If you're patient, you can sell.

People start selling (like me) - then have money in their account & are looking for things to buy;
so sometimes i buy "random" cards that don't fit my PC, cause i got money to burn.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
COMC is great for cards that don't fluctuate in value so you can just let them sit there until the right buyer comes along. The one real problem with selling prospect stuff on there is if a guy gets hot all of a sudden, either your price ends up being too low and gets hit right away or it was way too overpriced to begin with and if it doesn't end up getting hit, you'd have to wait at least a week to have them send it back to you so you can sell it on ebay and by that time, the hype will be over.

feebay lol

that is comic gold... where did you get that from? it reminds me of that time i went to new york to pitch a sketch idea to jon stewart. it was called 'Quantum Rape' in which a man who rapes Scott Bakula is sent to jail where he tries to explain the premise of Quantum Leap to his cellmate to no avail. i could have used the premise of feebay...

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
I have 150.00 in ebay fees i got to pay for last month, I hate it too.

COMC is awesome because I only buy from there. You always get the cards and theres never any problems. I like it from the buyers standpoint. I'd never sell on there though(to answer your question)

Also, you have trouble selling on this site because your prices are too high...Just sayin. Your looking for this site to be an alternative to ebay but your looking for exactly if not more than what cards get on ebay.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Your GOAL on this site should be to sell for more than you would clear on ALL possible ebay fees BUT be less than ebay too.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
You would sell more here if you would sell a little under ebay. You'd still be making more than you would after ebay fees, so you AND the buyers get the advantage. Use a fee calculator if you have to in order to determine at what prices it would be advantageous to price your cards here.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I don't think I would send anything to checkout, I do occasionally buy on there just to resell on there and that works ok but it is definitely slooooooow moving.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I buy about a dozen cards every month or so. Very reliable and never had a problem. Never sold on there though.

I see a lot of stuff on there high-end that has been there forever. Most stuff that moves well, I'd imagine, is the low end stuff.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
COMC is dumb in that you can't make offers on cards unless you have that amount in their system. That is really dumb. It has prevented me from buying on there on numerous occasions.

Yes, this is a huge turn-off. I understand that it would facilitate a transaction more quickly, but a better route would be for the seller to just lower the price to what he'd accept. I guess the current way of doing things provides COMC with some cash flow.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I enjoy the service and prefer it to Ebay for most items. Anything high dollar or "hot" is better suited for Ebay.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
sportscardtheory said:
COMC is dumb in that you can't make offers on cards unless you have that amount in their system. That is really dumb. It has prevented me from buying on there on numerous occasions.

Yes, it's annoying but it prevents non paying bidders. All transactions are guaranteed to go through from both ends.

bravesfan22

Feb 22, 2011
Greentown/Kokomo, IN
I also do not sell on there but I do buy from there. It's a great site to pick up cheap normally well conditioned singles of rookie cards and commons. Most high end stuff , especially jersey cards are well priced by most sellers in my opinion and the fact that you can order from multiple sellers and the shipping will be combined is a major bonus compared to ebay.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
ThoseBackPages said:
COMC has sent me some pretty crappy conditioned singles

I find this surprising since every card on COMC has a front and back scan...which is way way way better than the typical eBay scan.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
DWright5 said:
I see a lot of stuff on there high-end that has been there forever. Most stuff that moves well, I'd imagine, is the low end stuff.

While it may have been there for awhile, that doesn't mean it hasn't changed hands multiple times and simply been re-listed,

I buy and sell on there and have been very happy with it. I've moved a lot of low end stuff, and more than made my submission investment back and the turned all the money around on cards for my player collections. When you look at it that way, it's like I'm able to trade hundreds of random cards and stickers for the Dave Winfield cards I want without having to worry about making any deals or scouring other peoples' want lists.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I sell a decent amount on COMC and have stopped buying on ebay for the most part. I've sold quite a bit of mid to low end cards including prospects. I will say with the prospect stuff you get quite a few low ball offers. My goal when selling on COMC is to get slightly below ebay prices.

Members online

Latest posts