Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Too Perfect Patches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
I saw this seller last week with a ton of these almost "too perfect" patches - in terms of centering on the "money part" of the patch. I find it hard to believe that cards from 2003 #/50 get these types of patches. Check out the links below which is a current listing, and then hit completed listings. That completed Carlton with the SF of the Giants logo right smack in the middle of the window.... or the Zito..... I know it's the "Prime" subset, but I'm not convinced.

LINK HERE

And my favorite part of the listing I linked to above.....

2003 Timeless Treasures Material INK auto jersey (Indians) #83/100. Also, Mets PRIME INK #10/10! The last one in the print run. I have a bunch of beautiful cards from this set up for sale this week! The Mets card is beautiful, but the patch is so thick that the card is literally peeling apart on the back. The Indians patch is AMAZING. THis card would be nrmt-mt except for a small piece of white showing on the back.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
parsetdx said:
I saw this seller last week with a ton of these almost "too perfect" patches - in terms of centering on the "money part" of the patch. I find it hard to believe that cards from 2003 #/50 get these types of patches. Check out the links below which is a current listing, and then hit completed listings. That completed Carlton with the SF of the Giants logo right smack in the middle of the window.... or the Zito..... I know it's the "Prime" subset, but I'm not convinced.

LINK HERE

And my favorite part of the listing I linked to above.....

2003 Timeless Treasures Material INK auto jersey (Indians) #83/100. Also, Mets PRIME INK #10/10! The last one in the print run. I have a bunch of beautiful cards from this set up for sale this week! The Mets card is beautiful, but the patch is so thick that the card is literally peeling apart on the back. The Indians patch is AMAZING. THis card would be nrmt-mt except for a small piece of white showing on the back.

D'OH! :lol: :benson:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I am several Timeless Treasures that have either window bulging or back bends due to think patches. I dont have scanned those I pulled but this is typical, DLP insert lots of awesome patches.....not to say this card is real or not.

Here is a Brock I have from the Letters set, hard to tell but the patch sticks out a great deal and the back is bowed. Yes, this shows being a Prime Patch in the checklist and the card is 1/1.
Brock_Letters_1_1.jpg

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
johngm5 has been one of the top patch buyers for years, and he's been selling some of his cards over the past few months. You'll have to judge each patch on it's own, because if he has any fake patches they weren't made by him.

Members online

Latest posts