Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sending a BCCG slab to BGS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I know the grades do not always come out the same but I decided to grab a card with my ebay bucks in a BCCG 9 slab. Can I send the card in that slab to BGS or do I need to break it out of the slab? Thanks in advance for any help,

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I think you might have RCR and BCCG mixed up. BCCG grades are a quick glance rough estimate of a grade and usually end up being 1-2 full grades lower than the number on the flip. RCR grades are full inspection and 99.99% of the time cross over as the same grade when encapsulated.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
JVC said:
I think you might have RCR and BCCG mixed up. BCCG grades are a quick glance rough estimate of a grade and usually end up being 1-2 full grades lower than the number on the flip. RCR grades are full inspection and 99.99% of the time cross over as the same grade when encapsulated.

I might've worded my question wrong. It is in a BCCG slab and not a RCR. Wondering if I can send it to BGS to have cracked and graded or if I need to break it before sending it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
RITM said:
JVC said:

I might've worded my question wrong. It is in a BCCG slab and not a RCR. Wondering if I can send it to BGS to have cracked and graded or if I need to break it before sending it.

They will crack them out for you (kinda like a cross-over), just know the grade will drop for most cards.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Fun fact when I got back into collecting I bought some bccg slabs thinking they where ok. 3 out of the 5 cards came back trimmed from bgs and the other 2 dropped 4 grades :lol:

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Card is a '98 Peyton Manning spx rc /1998. I essentially gave $8 for it after eBay bucks kicked in. Always wanted one for my Manning collection. I figured even if it does not come back a 9 I can live with the price. Will probably crack it and leave
it raw. Of course that is based on how it looks in person.

Thanks for the info and help everyone!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
IDK if you would be interested in this, but you should be able to ask them "If it doesn't meet minimum grade X, please authenticate the card"

I am sure you know this, but I thought I would add that in.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
A BCCG 9 is not going to get you any higher than a BGS 7.

Now on to the question. You can send it in the way it is but they will charge you a cracking fee of $2. you must also sign a waiver that if anything happens to the card when they crack it out they are not responsible. I would crack it out yourself. Just take a pair of pliers and break a top corner off then pry the top and bottom apart with a flat head screwdriver.

good luck

Members online

Latest posts