Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It was bound to happen...and it has

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
My company finally clamped down on internet usage...FCB, Ebay, ESPN and other sites that are sports, hobby, social media etc. are all blocked!

I was told it was due to our interns "gaming" online...so a bunch of college interns decided to fool around and wham...everyone is affected.

Oh well, no FCB for me during the day...how can I survive!?! lol

Anyone else with internet restricted or blocked at work?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
notjomommasclint said:
when my boss did this i used avoidfirewall.com it worked to avoid the firewall AND distributed some vicious things throughout the system! so it was a win win.
Now you get **** at work. Classic ;)

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
You could always try a proxy site unless they have those blocked also. Back in the mid 2000's I used to be able to get around some internet blocks by typing the address in an email in outlook and clicking on it from there.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
eBay is blocked throughout the school (as are things like YouTube and facebook), and recently, The Onion AV Club (on which I wasted much time).
Luckily, FCB is still going strong.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
theplasticman said:
You could also try working while you're at work :lol:

Ha! I knew that was coming...

Actually I think I work better with FCB or whatever sites I have on in the "background" while I do real work. I need a break sometimes and FCB is a good way to take my mind away from work enough to make me more productive and not too stressed out as the day goes on! :D

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Sadly, fcb is blocked here at the bank I work at. However, for some reason I can access blowout's forums, which 95% of the time is a total waste of time. Especially since images are blocked for the most part.

Pine Tar said:
notjomommasclint said:
when my boss did this i used avoidfirewall.com it worked to avoid the firewall AND distributed some vicious things throughout the system! so it was a win win.
Now you get **** at work. Classic ;)

oddly enough **** was never blocked. i could not visit ebay, facebook, youtube and them sorts... but if i typed in piggy tailed teen first time on the farm i get the whole thing... now i have the login and password to the firewall and lets just say some things the mechanics look at get blocked until i get my diet lipton tea! ;)

Members online

Latest posts