Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best...Mailweek...ever...BGS returns & more w/ lotso scans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Got all this stuff over the last 3 days - what a week! Had to share. - Pete

First - ebay returns:
ft332.jpg

Second - FCB group sub returns
ft333.jpg

ft334.jpg

ft335.jpg

ft336.jpg

ft337.jpg

ft338.jpg

And last - a lot of Sano's I received from a deal with member doodaa!
ft339.jpg

ft340.jpg

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Kardkollector46 said:
Nice sub!! But Im wondering how the heck that Grandal got a 9.5 for centering?! Top/Bottom looks terrible!
Congrats!

The grader sneezed when looking at the centering and just wrote down 9.5 as he was embarrassed that he sneezed on the card. :p

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Kardkollector46 said:
Nice sub!! But Im wondering how the heck that Grandal got a 9.5 for centering?! Top/Bottom looks terrible!
Congrats!

Who knows how graders work. Machado, Heyward Orange and Pomeranz shouldn't be 9's. Grandal was a RCR 9.5 that I couldn't get in a psa 10 slab, so glad it crossed back.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Pete, either I saw that Gibson blue 9.5 with 9 auto, or the same thing with another of his autos.

That is complete garbage that the auto got a 9 grade. What is wrong with that auto? Is the bible verse inscription what made it a 9? Luckily, you were aware of that when you bought it-but still-that is a 10 auto. I cannot understand how that is a 9...

And man, nice stuff!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
hail2thevictors said:
Pete, either I saw that Gibson blue 9.5 with 9 auto, or the same thing with another of his autos.

That is complete garbage that the auto got a 9 grade. What is wrong with that auto? Is the bible verse inscription what made it a 9? Luckily, you were aware of that when you bought it-but still-that is a 10 auto. I cannot understand how that is a 9...

And man, nice stuff!
Your not kidding, a 9 for that auto is renunculated.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
jbhofmann said:
Pete, is that the infamous "BGS 10" Harper Refractor from bmp1971?

Great stuff btw.

That it is. To be honest, it looks nicer than the subs. I don't understand the 9 edges at all. It's one card that was not oversold in his defense.

Gibson auto has like 4 micro dots where the ink evaporated. I don't know auto-grading, but they are hard to notice. If most 9's are like that, I will pay less for them all the time. ONce this is in a psa slab it won't matter anyway :)

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
burke23 said:
jbhofmann said:
Pete, is that the infamous "BGS 10" Harper Refractor from bmp1971?

Great stuff btw.

That it is. To be honest, it looks nicer than the subs. I don't understand the 9 edges at all. It's one card that was not oversold in his defense.

Gibson auto has like 4 micro dots where the ink evaporated. I don't know auto-grading, but they are hard to notice. If most 9's are like that, I will pay less for them all the time. ONce this is in a psa slab it won't matter anyway :)

I really wanted to buy it from him, and always thought it had a really good shot at a 9.5 but we just couldn't come to terms.

Members online