Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tabata, Walker, and McCutchen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
I have to say that it pleases me to see these 3 young players performing so well and winning games in this early baseball season. Yes, I know that we are talking only 6 games into the season but I have followed all 3 of these "prospects" since single A ball. I am not a Pirate fan but rather a fan of the small market teams who develop these young players and grow them into winners. Jose Tabata, Neil Walker, and Andrew McCutchen are 3 of the games' young stars who I really enjoy watching and it is very nice to see them winning early on.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
I can't wait to see them in person tomorrow and Friday! Go Bucs!

pujolsmvp2005 said:
I have to say that it pleases me to see these 3 young players performing so well and winning games in this early baseball season. Yes, I know that we are talking only 6 games into the season but I have followed all 3 of these "prospects" since single A ball. I am not a Pirate fan but rather a fan of the small market teams who develop these young players and grow them into winners. Jose Tabata, Neil Walker, and Andrew McCutchen are 3 of the games' young stars who I really enjoy watching and it is very nice to see them winning early on.

Paul

Nov 10, 2010
Don't forget that Tabata isn't exactly 'home grown', as the majority of his minor league experience was in the Yanks farm system. I collected him pretty heavy a few years ago, but watched the value of my Tabata collection shrink big time when he went to the Bucs. I still have a few of his cards, but took a big loss on the ones I was able to dump. I remember paying $50 for his '06 BC refractor (still have it)... I think it books less than $20 now. :lol:

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
Very True Paul, he was in the Yanks farm system for a while (I believe 2005-07) and then 3 years in the Pirates system.

Have fun tomorrow and Friday Roberto_Clemente at the Pirates game. Man, I wish I were gonna be there. Get there early and snag some auto's.....by the way, awesome McCutchen picture!

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Theyre probably sold out for the opener, i'm only a half hour away from PNC. I may try and get some seats up in peanut heaven and just never sit in them, just walk around and watch the game/look for some ***** :lol:

I'm sure there will be the usual shmos walking around selling tickets outside in the parking lot.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
cjb9421 said:
Theyre probably sold out for the opener, i'm only a half hour away from PNC. I may try and get some seats up in peanut heaven and just never sit in them, just walk around and watch the game/look for some ***** :lol:

I'm sure there will be the usual shmos walking around selling tickets outside in the parking lot.
Hahahahahahahaha love it!

Paul

Nov 10, 2010
pujolsmvp2005 said:
Very True Paul, he was in the Yanks farm system for a while (I believe 2005-07) and then 3 years in the Pirates system.

Have fun tomorrow and Friday Roberto_Clemente at the Pirates game. Man, I wish I were gonna be there. Get there early and snag some auto's.....by the way, awesome McCutchen picture!

He was with the Yanks until July of 2008... I hated that day. Before the trade to the Bucs, we had 2 stud OFers in the minors. After the trade took place, I took comfort in knowing that at least we still had Austin Jackson... HAD... :)

At any rate, he showed some promise last season, and I'm really glad he's doing well this season. He has a ton of potential, and I'm confident that one day relatively soon he'll be an all-star. Had some supposed 'attitude problems' early on in his minor league career, but he seems to have matured quite a bit.

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
Don't sleep on Pedro!

I'm enjoying the way the team is playing. The upgrade from last years team (offensively) is great.

B

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Not a huge Pirates fan, but being the hometown team, I'm glad when they do well. I root for them whenever I get to go to a game, unless it's against the Nats. Walker is my favorite non-Nat.

Already have my tickets for the 23rd vs the Nats! 3rd base line, 7th row.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
One big change is how Hurdle is trying to tweek each players approach.

Walker has more K's than Pedro or K-dro as he is lovingly called by some bucs fans but it's due to the process of trying to be more selective and choosing pitches to hit that he can drive now.

Eventually I think Walker will be able to make the adjustment and that K rate will go down.

Pedro is a classic slow starter and I have no fear he will perform well this season. He had 2 hits and a double and 0 K's in his last game.

McCutchen and Tabata to me are the two break out players this year. Tabata has great bat and strke zone control for such a young player, he can also fly. McCutchen has added more power and just seems so much more confident in his approach this year.

The Pirates starting pitching is still pretty horrid but if they can do just enough we won't lose 100 games and maybe hit 70 wins.

Members online

Latest posts