Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SCANS O MY 1ST FB BREAKS OF 08-ICONS, SPX & BOWMAN STERLING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Folks,

Today was the day I bought some 2008 football. Did 2 packs of SPX, a box of Icons and 3 packs of Bowman Sterling. I went to the "expensive" store today because it was close and I didn't want to drive around. The owner thinks "discount" is an 80's rap band and his **** is at least straight SRP......Hope you enjoy the scans!!!

SPX....$19 a pack....Flacco better get real hot so I can get rid of this **** and recoup a few pennies.....My opinion, poop for the price point.

08spxfb.jpg

Icons....$89 a box....Previous breaks I saw in other places made me interested...Seeing Pinbreakers thread on his Icons break and the following talk between him and I was just adding fuel to the fire :) so I tried a box....all numbered cards scanned. Got to admit it was kinda a fun rip. Each pack had a numbered card which is of course a gimmick the card companies use. The plain jersey pieces-blah, but its BO JACKSON!!! Early Doucet better show up come regular season so I can get $3 back. Sid Luckman Letterman is cool for a legend of the game. The thing that "saved" this box for me was the redemption for a letterman of the AFC offensive ROY. Should be interesting to see how the redemption fluctuates in value over the course of the season with McFadden, etc.

08icons1.jpg

08icons2.jpg

08icons3.jpg

Bowman Sterling....Just hit the stores.....$50 a mini so I did 3.....Product makes you think you are ripping high end, which you are....nice looking cards, only 1 damaged out of the pack and I better sell now to get any value before the market is saturated with this stuff. The big thing is the McFadden jersey, OK break I guess depending on what these rookies do. Question: Out of the 6 pack box that dealer has open, he sold 1 pack to someone else who pulled nothing. There are 2 packs left in the box, do you think I am going up there tomorrow and buying them?

08sterlingfb1.jpg

08sterlingfb2.jpg

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Nice break.. the SPx was like my first box.. no autos.. the Icons is a fun rip as you get a numbered or auto or gu in each pack.. The redemption should be interesting to watch. I have pulled an AFC and an NFC .. ROY should be a good player.. I'm thinking about picking up a couple of each if they are cheap enough..

I haven't seen the Sterling yet, but it looks like a decent rip.. (I would be getting the two boxes that are left)..

Good luck,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts