Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know anything about this Koufax Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Have seen many copies of this card, but they were always /2000 (or so I thought.) This one obviously is not:

$(KGrHqZ,!gwE17RNlW5PBNmicPBuKg~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqN,!hsE2RHzhUIWBNmicQj4Ng~~_12.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Refractor version?
Even the refractor is /2000 (though I do recall 100% whether it was numbered or unnumbered.)

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i am 99.9% sure that that particular copy did not have any #ed variation except #/2000

honestly, that seems really...shady..

dave

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The Koufax's in 1998 Donruss Signature never packed out. They were not received in time. People who exchanged the Billy Williams redemption received both the Williams and the Koufax.

Then in the early 2000's, a large quantity of the Koufax's hit the market (backdoored or Donruss bankruptcy). I don't know if all of those were serial numbered or not, but this card may have been from those. Just speculation though.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I've seen those before too. There was a ton of those backdoored (along with Ozzie Smith, Nolan Ryan, mabye a couple of other players). Autograph was legit, but wasn't pack pulled.

What probably happened (just my opinion) is that they took a legitimate signed backdoored unnumbered version and stamped it with after market number. Still a great card and I still think its an authentic auto.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
As many of you know, Donruss gave you a Koufax /2000 if you sent them a Billy Williams redemption from the same set. As for this version to /25, I've never come across one. What was the actual card number on this card from the regular set? I see this is R3, which might mean Redemption #3. Is that how the base card to /2000 is numbered?

Members online