Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone wanna buy my Phil Hughes collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
Wow.....what has gone wrong with this guy? Someone explain to me how someone with a mid to low 90's Fast ball 2 years ago, throws no higher than 88-89 MPH now? This is a guy who averaged nearly a K/inning from 2007-2009. I just don't understand what the hell is going on with this once "top prospect" ......anyway, send me your offers and if I don't get any, I'll just give em to my kids to put in the spokes of their bikes as they ride around the block!! :benson:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
pujolsmvp2005 said:
Wow.....what has gone wrong with this guy? Someone explain to me how someone with a mid to low 90's Fast ball 2 years ago, throws no higher than 88-89 MPH now? This is a guy who averaged nearly a K/inning from 2007-2009. I just don't understand what the hell is going on with this once "top prospect" ......anyway, send me your offers and if I don't get any, I'll just give em to my kids to put in the spokes of their bikes as they ride around the block!! :benson:

Hmmmm....while I applaud your interest in your children, and their ability to make-believe and play, I would recommend not putting Phil Hughes cards in their spokes, for their safety more than anything, as you well know that anything relating to Hughes has a tendency to make the "wheels come off". :D

Just kidding. Hang in there! Lots of pitchers have gone through what Phil is now: Ben McDonald, Todd Van Poppel, Brien Taylor, Paul Wilson, Matt Anderson, Kris Benson, Kerry Wood, Mark Prior...oh, wait, I'm not making you feel better, am I?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
OscarOne said:
Two starts, dude. Give him a month to put things together...I think he will be fine. He better be atleast, or my fantasy team won't be.

The thing about Hughes that was pointed out yesterday during the game is that it is not just two games, it has been pretty much post All Star Game last season. He had almost a 5 ERA after July 20th of last year, and an 11+ post season ERA.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
he is on the yankees and he sucks.
he was overvalued right from the draft.
so now the yanks have one good pitcher,
so maybe they win sunday night.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
pujolsmvp2005 said:

he was a fast ball curve ball pitcher. he doesnt have his fast ball. hes been throwing sliders. hope he turns it around.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
pujolsmvp2005 said:

I think Kei Igawa and Chien Ming **** were coaching him in the off-season. :?

Somewhere on this board or the old Beckett I think I said Hughes should have been used as trade bait. I still believe that.

The plus is that he's still young and can fix whatever is wrong with him.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
He was pitching batting practice yesterday and if it wasn't for Youk running into an out
who knows how long that inning would have went on. Looks like Colon will be the Yankees number 2 by May 1st? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know 27 Championships but Bartolo Colon.....

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jack Straw said:
He was pitching batting practice yesterday and if it wasn't for Youk running into an out
who knows how long that inning would have went on. Looks like Colon will be the Yankees number 2 by May 1st? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he pitches like he did yesterday, he deserves being a #2. He was filthy.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
beefycheddar said:
Jack Straw said:

If he pitches like he did yesterday, he deserves being a #2. He was filthy.

I think he gave up 1 run in spring training, with 17K and 1BB.

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
gwynn5453l4u said:
pujolsmvp2005 said:

Hmmmm....while I applaud your interest in your children, and their ability to make-believe and play, I would recommend not putting Phil Hughes cards in their spokes, for their safety more than anything, as you well know that anything relating to Hughes has a tendency to make the "wheels come off". :D

Just kidding. Hang in there! Lots of pitchers have gone through what Phil is now: Ben McDonald, Todd Van Poppel, Brien Taylor, Paul Wilson, Matt Anderson, Kris Benson, Kerry Wood, Mark Prior...oh, wait, I'm not making you feel better, am I?

LMAO!!! That was awesome!!! Great post bro :)

Members online

Latest posts