Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sealed Blasters as collectables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
As someone that has bought, ripped, and left sealed many many blasters over the last 6 years, ive come to the conclusion that it really is best to leave them unopened.

think about it, where are the old blasters that are still unopened? Sure there are some out there, but nothing compared to their "hobby" equivalent.

What made me think about it was that yesterday i found two 2010 Topps Heritage Blasters at KMart. i'd like to pick up some of the other earlier years blasters of Topps Heritage, if i can find them that is.

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
I think that's a cool idea. I've thought about this a lot for unopened boxes, and how it'd be cool to have 1 unopened hobby box of every year of the new era of Bowman, but when you think about it there are probably less unopened blasters out there than hobby boxes (I have no data on this ... totally assuming). Plus it'd take up a lot less space.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
It would seem a lot of the unsold blasters are returned then opened up by the distributors to create those "value pack" offerings you see at retail. Where you get a variety of packs for $10-15 or whatever.

I have noticed more older retail offered on the major online sites the past couple years.......though I think a lot of those were the 24ct. retail boxes and not blasters.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Maybe Dave and Adam's knows something about 2011 Topps we don't. They have sealed blasters for $24.99 - when I could buy around 10 at my Wal-Mart for $19.99 plus an associate discount.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I've got a bunch of sealed blasters, including some heritage and a few 2005 Draft. Not sure I think of them as having too much future value, but they're fun to have around.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I remember the 2001 Heritage blasters were GOLD when they came out. the SP's came very frequently, and great inserts were a-plenty. I opened like 12 of them and pulled TWO redemptions for 1952 topps cards, a regular auto, and one Red Real Ones auto. From that, and one hobby box i put most of the set together, and eventually finished it.

I also sold 8 or 10 of them for 60-80 bucks a pop (19.99 retail).

Those were the days,

Members online

Latest posts