Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Discussion - 4/9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Anybody want to estimate around what game Jeter get his 3000 hit ? I would like to get a ticket stub to that game.

Anybody else coming in close to 3000 hits ?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Why didn't Jeter turn the double play himself? They keep blaming Cano. WRONG. With Ellsbury running, the ONLY way that gets turned is if Jeter takes it himself.....Of course no one on tv would possibly say anything bad about him

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I agree but so far I have watched two very exciting game this week: The Cards vs Giants and Rockie vs Pirates game yesterday. Larussa used just about every strategy he could muster to win that game.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
ballerskrip said:
Why didn't Jeter turn the double play himself? They keep blaming Cano. WRONG. With Ellsbury running, the ONLY way that gets turned is if Jeter takes it himself.....Of course no one on tv would possibly say anything bad about him

100% correct. Momentum was taking him to the bag but flipped from a few feet away instead. Would have been a tough throw even if Cano had a handle on it.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
MantMaris said:
ballerskrip said:

100% correct. Momentum was taking him to the bag but flipped from a few feet away instead. Would have been a tough throw even if Cano had a handle on it.

Agreed 100%. Not one mention from the TV crew despite talking about that play 10 different times. Really too bad, Mr. Perfect screwed his rookie SP.

skrip

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
"Chooch" Ruiz with Pinch-hit HR to break that game open. Phils' PHs went 3-3 today and are on fire this year.

BTW, the team Batting Average is now .337. :eek:

Man, do I wish I could be in Baltimore for a good ol' fashioned single-admission Double header. Markakis HR to take early 1-0 lead in Game 1...

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
O's up early on the Rangers.
Game 1 of the doubleheader.
Britton on the Mound!

O's lead 4-0 after 2.

Homers from Markakis & Reynolds.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Britton Dealing!