Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HELP NEEDED PLEASE. DUPLICATE CARD????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
Today I got my second box of the cup the I opened and was wondering what the JEff Carter Enshrinement cards are going for I found an auction on Ebay and low and behold the exact smae number 47/50 is for sale as well. Has anyone seen this before???? I sent an email to the seller and want some opinions from you guys on this.

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0319542451

Here is my card Are they the same????
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128989

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Just checked the UD website and there is only 1 Enshrinements set listed.

However, these are obviously different as one has silver foil and the other is gold.

I'd post something on UD's Facebook page and call customer service on Monday to figure out what the deal is. It's not that far of a stretch to think there would be 2 seperate sets (1 silver and 1 gold). But having them both #/50 is kinda counterproductive I would think.

Good luck finding out what you can Turbo.

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
Thanks we must have beeen on their site at the same time as I noticed the exact same thing. One thing I have noticed on Ebay is that some of the Enshriments are silver and some are gold and there is no price difference etc I have sent an email off to QA at Upperdeck and hopefully something gets answered. I will also give them a call on Monday too. A Gold and Silver out of 50 makes no sense to me ethier and no one seems to know of a difference.

I will keep you posted.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I've never seen gold and silver versions of these. I have always been under the assumption there was one set. Maybe one of them is from an uncut redemption set? Just a shot in the dark.

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
Well the seller of the card has been no help as here is his response.

Dear Buyer,

Don't remember. Too many cards. Thanks, Legacy

- legacysportslasvegas

and my response to them

Dear Seller

So the fact that someone else may have the exact same card number 47/50 does not concern you from a product that costs $400 a box. I have notified Upperdeck of the problem and hopefully they will be more help than you have been on this when I call Monday.

Hopefully you can reconsider your response.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
Don't know if it makes a difference, but this same seller (legacysportslasvegas) is a scumbag. He had a Gerrit Cole auto on beckett marketplace, but told a guy on the baseball boards that it was out of stock after he purchased it. (Cole's prices have gone up a lot lately) The same "out of stock" card showed up on his ebay account.

here's the link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128877

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
YEah I called him and he said that the card was posted in two spots on Ebay and in their Beckett Store too. They figured it must have sold on Becket and forgot to take it off Ebay. I personally think something is fishy but not going to go there.

Members online

Latest posts