Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card show pickups!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Rarely do we have any shows here in Western Wisconsin, but there was one today--at a movie theatre, no less. 20 tables, lots of vintage, lots of Packer stuff of course. The guy who organized it--owns a shop in Chippewa Falls--had Heritage boxes for $70, but I kept my focus on the $1.00 boxes. There were plenty of guys with Chrome/Draft/Elite prospect stuff, but that's not my thing, so, sorry prospectors there may have been a good deal there. Covered four decades with cards from the 50's through the 90's.

Twins stuff (showing off in the Twins thread, too)
09_0003.jpg

Ken Boyer stuff. Really like finding Ken Boyer vintage, since he's not real expensive. The the 62 is so-so and the 63 is the worst of the lot, but it's my first of each, so they'll be good until I can upgrade. The '59 is a double. Forgot I already had it.

09_0002.jpg

Couple other Cardinals. Really didn't find any other Team checklists. This one compliments my 65 O-Pee-Chee checklist.

09.jpg

Into the 70's with one card...

092-1.jpg

A splash into the 80's...

09_0001.jpg

Always wanted a Joe Carter rookie. Even if it is terribly centered.

And we finished off with a stop in the 90's...

092_0001.jpg

Spent a total of $42. And the Boyer AS was the high ticket card, too. (High number.) Got it and the 65 Boyer Grand Slam for $20. Pretty much everything else was out of someone's $1 box. Thanks for looking, folks!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
always liked that Joe Carter card and owned one myself years ago. if I was into set collecting the 84 Donruss set would be my choice.. I like the design on front and really like the green backs of the card surrounded by the white. centering is tough on that set but when you do find them well centered they really are great looking cards!

Members online

Latest posts