Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals Do it Again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
How in the world did Rasmus not catch that fly ball? I'd say it 25% on Franklin for allowing the pop fly and 75% on Rasmus for dropping a routine fly ball.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Pastretta said:
How in the world did Rasmus not catch that fly ball? I'd say it 25% on Franklin for allowing the pop fly and 75% on Rasmus for dropping a routine fly ball.

I think he saw Jay out of the corner of his eye, but he should have called him off. Just too many mistakes by everyone so far this year. Could be a very long year. That play wasn't Franklin's fault, but every ball that is hit off of him is hit hard.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
jmill88 said:
Boy, would I like to have Chris Perez back about now.

IZZY? Anyone?? This is on Franklin..any other closer would not have had all the baserunners...Maybe we can get Bell at the break..give them Franklin!

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
jmill88 said:
Pastretta said:

I think he saw Jay out of the corner of his eye, but he should have called him off. Just too many mistakes by everyone so far this year. Could be a very long year. That play wasn't Franklin's fault, but every ball that is hit off of him is hit hard.

So true....If only he would've called Jay off. Jay was trying to back up the play but that sure did cost them since it distracted Rasmus.

Your guys will get it together....There's a lot of season left to fix the mistakes and not let them happen again.

Jan 15, 2009
PujolsCollector said:
jmill88 said:
Boy, would I like to have Chris Perez back about now.
Nahh, they should have put Brian Augustein in he ways painting corners like Van Gough yesterday
He was getting all the calls too, especially on pitches a few inches off the plate though. Besides those calls, he was still pretty good.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That ball would have been out of any other park so I don't fault Rasmus that much. What's up with Pujols this year? I know it's early so his offense isn't that big of a worry yet but what's up with his defense?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Im a Giants Fan so......... its all good IMO :D

scratch my head on this....
he throws a complete game shutout last start.... yet the Cardinals pulled Garcia after only 82 dominating pitches tonight ....

The 6 loses have alot to do with your number 3 hitter making 30 Outs in 30 AtBats this season ::facepalm::
In 8 games.... he has 5 basehits, and 5 doubleplay grounders (leading the league)

PS. more early season hitting numbers
just noticed... of all the players in the Saturday game... only one St.L player now has a slugging % over .286 :eek: ... while every single player on SF has a slug% over .321, with 5 players well over .500
singles dont win games

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Well, it's a pretty clear sign that your team is struggling when your winning percentage of .250 is higher than your team batting average (.216), and your team average is higher than your three-hole hitter's average (.167).

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
fkw said:
Im a Giants Fan so......... its all good IMO :D

scratch my head on this....
he throws a complete game shutout last start.... yet the Cardinals pulled Garcia after only 82 dominating pitches tonight ....

The 6 loses have alot to do with your number 3 hitter making 30 Outs in 30 AtBats this season ::facepalm::
In 8 games.... he has 5 basehits, and 5 doubleplay grounders (leading the league)

PS. more early season hitting numbers
just noticed... of all the players in the Saturday game... only one St.L player now has a slugging % over .286 :eek: ... while every single player on SF has a slug% over .321, with 5 players well over .500
singles dont win games

Yeah, I have no idea why they took Garcia out so early.

Members online

Latest posts