Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to Get Signed? (Lawrence Timmons)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I saw in the newspaper that Lawrence Timmons is having a free autograph session on Friday, so I've decided I want to get one of the customs I've been making lately signed. There's just one problem...what do I get? I don't have any interest in either team over the other, so it could be college or pro.

Help me out and give me some input - college or pro, and which specific card? All opinions are welcomed and appreciated. I'm leaning toward #6 right now.

Card #1:
TimmonsLawrenceFSUVert.png

Card #2:
TimmonsLawrenceFSUVert2.png

Card #3:
TimmonsLawrenceSteelersHorizontal.png

Card #4:
TimmonsLawrenceSteelersHorizontal2.png

Card #5:
TimmonsLawrenceSteelersHorizontal3.png

Card #6:
TimmonsLawrenceSteelersVert.png

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
#3 looks pretty sweet

ask him to write, "fear the spear" as it goes with the shot plus the fsu criminole mantra

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the input so far, guys.

JoshHamilton said:
If he'd agree to personalize it with "Jenn Sterger is a *****," that'd be AWESOME
:lol:

mstng99tim said:

Signed in red sharpie to the left of his right leg, that would look really nice.
That would. I wonder if there'd be any objection to giving him a marker to use.

the1mcjensen said:
#3 looks pretty sweet

ask him to write, "fear the spear" as it goes with the shot plus the fsu criminole mantra
That's a good idea, too.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
My first pick would be a "Bobby Bowden should be in Jail" sign, but if not possible, #2 'cuz of the Tebow hating.

If not, the third one. Is that from this year?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If I'm permitted two, perhaps by getting in the back of the line, I'd love to get one college and one pro. I'm definitely going to use a red sharpie for the college.

gt2590 said:
My first pick would be a "Bobby Bowden should be in Jail" sign, but if not possible, #2 'cuz of the Tebow hating.

If not, the third one. Is that from this year?
Ironically, I made this one as well thinking it would be cool if I got a copy signed by the other two via ttm, but couldn't talk myself into going through with it since I kind of hate Bowden. But that inscription would go good on it!

TimmonsLawrenceFSUHorizontal.png

Card #3 is Timmons splitting Derrick Mason in half from their game on December 14, 2008. Here's the original pic.

masonhit.jpg

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't see why he wouldn't sign it in red if you asked him nicely, I've done it plenty of times in the past and not once have I ever been denied.

And yes, if the line is small enough, hell yeah get back in line. You may not have to do that though, some places will let you get multiple items signed.

Mike Wallace during his rookie year had a free signing and they were allowing you to get up to 5 items signed, that line took FOREVER!!!!! Luckily I knew a guy towards the front of the line so I just gave my 8x10 to him to get signed for me.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet - Lawrence Timmons auto's.
He has one of my fav. auto's - whenever I see it I laugh, because back on the Beckett board someone criticized it and the follow up comment was "It looks like a snake on a scooter". :lol:
That's what I see now everytime I see his auto.

As for your question - those are some pretty cool customs. I'd probably choose from the first 3 options you gave. 2 and 3 are probably my fav. action shots. 1 may be my favorite if you just wanted him in the card.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
rymflaherty said:
Sweet - Lawrence Timmons auto's.
He has one of my fav. auto's - whenever I see it I laugh, because back on the Beckett board someone criticized it and the follow up comment was "It looks like a snake on a scooter". :lol:
That's what I see now everytime I see his auto.

As for your question - those are some pretty cool customs. I'd probably choose from the first 3 options you gave. 2 and 3 are probably my fav. action shots. 1 may be my favorite if you just wanted him in the card.
:lol:

mstng99tim said:
I don't see why he wouldn't sign it in red if you asked him nicely, I've done it plenty of times in the past and not once have I ever been denied.

And yes, if the line is small enough, hell yeah get back in line. You may not have to do that though, some places will let you get multiple items signed.

Mike Wallace during his rookie year had a free signing and they were allowing you to get up to 5 items signed, that line took FOREVER!!!!! Luckily I knew a guy towards the front of the line so I just gave my 8x10 to him to get signed for me.
Hopefully I have that kind of luck then, because two would be great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts