Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I missed a card.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Got caught up watching the Pujols story on 60 minutes and I forgot to put my last minute bid in.... man, I really need to snipe!!!!
2000 ex essential credential Gwynn #'d/4 went for $103... :oops:

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
That was my card for sale and I'm not too happy, to say the least. Even ungraded versions generally sell more and mine was also BGS 9.5.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A buddy on here told me about goofbay sniping tonight. It worked perfectly, and saved me from losing 2 auctions

Check it out

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
tonsofcommons said:
Why not try to find a buyer on the boards first before going to Ebay?

I did awhile back, both when it was ungraded, and then once again after I got it graded. The OP actually offered me more when it was ungraded than the actual ending price on this auction. I thought the condition looked great, so I mentioned that I was getting it graded.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Bummer you missed out on that card....I always do the same thing especially when I'm watching baseball or browsing online when an auction I was watching for awhile is about to end!

Nice card Ankesh...Sorry it sold for less than you expected.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
tonsofcommons said:

This. I'd much rather sell to an actual player collector. Most of them are reasonable and let's be honest, ebay fees are at LEAST 10% these days and auction's are always a crap shoot. After I bought that collection last week, I sold a ton of stuff to player guys here on the boards. Maybe I could make a few bucks more or less on ebay but at the end of the day I'd rather it go to a board member and the wins and losses on ebay average out anyway.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
tonsofcommons said:

I did awhile back, both when it was ungraded, and then once again after I got it graded. The OP actually offered me more when it was ungraded than the actual ending price on this auction. I thought the condition looked great, so I mentioned that I was getting it graded.

It's OK...

greed-is-good.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
gwynn5453l4u said:
Got caught up watching the Pujols story on 60 minutes and I forgot to put my last minute bid in.... man, I really need to snipe!!!!
2000 ex essential credential Gwynn #'d/4 went for $103... :oops:

You learn something new every day. For instance, I would have bet my collection that you of all people use Gixen. Admitting you missed a card for this reason is inexcusable. The only way, I repeat, the only way to bid on Ebay is sniping. Sniping saves you money and this has been proven time and time again. I could understand if it was difficult to register or use but Gixen is sooooo easy. There, now you will use it after this public tongue lashing. :lol:

Seriously, it sucks you lost out on this card but you need to start sniping.

Members online