Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How cool is this card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

The Emperor signed countless documents of state during his time on the throne. These documents often had legal and financial implications and were therefore saved not only in government archives, but also in private hands. His signature is not as tough as you might initially think.

Also autograph collecting existed long before professional sports, and he was known to sign, particularly for the ladies of France. After all, it costs a lot of money to keep armies mobilized, and the last ruler of France to bankrupt the country had his head cut off by an angry mob so it was in his interest to appeal to the masses.

I believe on a recent episode of Auction Kings an Atlanta-based auction house had a mirror signed by the Emperor and if I recall the closing price, before premium, was not very significant. Perhaps even below $1000.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Wow. I'd have to say the only card I'd spend $24,000 would be something of Ty Cobb.

sports-vault said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":3ah1yrnd]Cool but not $24,000 cool.

Agreed. I would consider 10,000! But owner is saying the 24k is a discounted price. :?[/quote:3ah1yrnd]

Members online

Latest posts