Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help indentifying some cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
There were a ton of Broder and Broder-type sets in the mid-late 80's and early 90's. Here are some Broder-type cards that I need some help indentifying. I don't think they are Broder, but I could be wrong. I have included front and back scans to help.

This has rounded corners. Major League All Stars Series 2. Border generally (not always) included team name and year on the front, plus they tended to be a photograph and not just a colored background which makes me think this is not a Broder release.
scan0001.jpg
scan0002.jpg

These I believe to be 1989 Starbrite Superstars. I think they are their own independent release. Some of the information I found, people have them attributed to Broder, but I think they are their own set.
scan0003.jpg
scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg
scan0006.jpg

This one says Preview on the back. It's glossy on the front. I admit, I am not very knowledgable on all of the Broder cards, but I don't think any were glossy like this.
scan0007.jpg
scan0008.jpg

These 3 resemble the 1989 Pacific Cards & Comic releases, but those said "Pacific Cards & Comics" right on the back. These all have square corners and have different Series listed on the back.
scan0009.jpg
scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg
scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg
scan0014.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty sure that the ones are 1989 Starbrite Superstars and that they are their own independent release and not a Broder set. The rest I have no clue on.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Brad- I appreciate the help. I believe you are right and that the Starbrites are 1988. I found a post from Joe Ring(onionring9) on The Bench that has a list with pics and information. If you want to check it out, here's the link: http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=272013&page=3 I haven't read the entire thread, just his post. Some good information there as well. Your site and his post helped tremendously. I think I am going to list the unknowns as Broder for now.

Clint- :lol: How could I have missed that? ;)

muskiesfan said:
Brad- I appreciate the help. I believe you are right and that the Starbrites are 1988. I found a post from Joe Ring(onionring9) on The Bench that has a list with pics and information. If you want to check it out, here's the link: http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=272013&page=3 I haven't read the entire thread, just his post. Some good information there as well. Your site and his post helped tremendously. I think I am going to list the unknowns as Broder for now.

Clint- :lol: How could I have missed that? ;)

i have mine listed as "not included organize" ... so you are waaaaay ahead of me!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Joe those cards are all generalized as "Broders" because they are unlicensed. I catagorize the ones I have as Beckett unrecognized issues on my website. take a peek on my site and you will see a good amount of them including ones from the sets your Sabo's were in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts