Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Hey all,

I'm looking for some feedback. Yesterday I gave away a Ray Dandridge with a different kind of contest than people normally do. I wanted to do something that people had to use their brain rather than just use the internet to look something up. I received much less interest than I anticipated. I was planning on doing a similar style contest tonight. Would there be any interest?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Re: HOFer Buck Leonard on-card Auto Contest

xcantgobackx said:
Hey all,

I'm looking for some feedback. Yesterday I gave away a Ray Dandridge with a different kind of contest than people normally do. I wanted to do something that people had to use their brain rather than just use the internet to look something up. I received much less interest than I anticipated. I was planning on doing a similar style contest tonight. Would there be any interest?

Crap, I missed the Dandridge!

How about a contest about showing off a piece from a ***** League collection. That way you can ensure the winner will appreciate the card and not just look to pick something up free.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore

A_Pharis said:
I think a winner who shows interest in the subject is more appropriate tan someone who is just out for free.

Agreed, but I'm not as worried about too much interest, I'm worried about too little interest.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas

I would have loved a shot at the Dandridge, but your contest hurt my brain too much. I don't follow any minor league teams and I didn't want to look it up.

I wouls also love a shot at the Leonard. My suggestion would be to make it a major league trivia question or something and if you have multiple people get the right answer you would simply draw to determine a winner.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

Gonzaleznut said:
I would have loved a shot at the Dandridge, but your contest hurt my brain too much. I don't follow any minor league teams and I didn't want to look it up.

I wouls also love a shot at the Leonard. My suggestion would be to make it a major league trivia question or something and if you have multiple people get the right answer you would simply draw to determine a winner.

He said he didnt want to be just a question someone could look up.

Members online