Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you have 2 eBay IDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
Yep, one for selling and one for shilling.

Nah, just kidding. I don't have two but I know some people like to post on the various message boards over there and use one ID strictly for that. I also know that some people have separate buying and selling IDs, I assume for flipping purposes.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Nope. Just one. I like that my feedback for buying and selling adds together for one nice large number. I'm not really worried about what people discover in my buying and selling. I don't buy low graded and crack them out. I don't fake patches. I don't trim cards. Even for flipping I don't see why I'd need to hide that I bought it for $x and now I'm trying to sell it for $XX. So what? The market will bear what it will bear.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
4! you can tell who bids on Juan cards by the feedback! ebay is very silly for trying to hide the bidders user names. all the Juan collectors that bid on his cards we know who they are. sometimes when i win a card, they say OHHHHHH NOOOOOO a new collector of his cards.
icon_lol.gif
who is that! also if you have been blocked ( i have been for no reason at all ) one seller told me he put in a block for me because i win to many Juan cards>
icon_facepalm.gif
. i put in a token bid, if blocked use my other id, if it takes i then snipe it!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Smart to have a few and spread it out in case you get some nut cases that hammer and ruin one. Then they have no idea and you can go back and hammer them back with other id's. Why just build up one id, when it's so easy to get one ruined.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
matchpenalty said:
Smart to have a few and spread it out in case you get some nut cases that hammer and ruin one. Then they have no idea and you can go back and hammer them back with other id's. Why just build up one id, when it's so easy to get one ruined.

You know, that's a very good point, but how does one go about setting up a new ID? Does that mean you also have to create a new paypal address as well and if so, do you have to use a different bank account?

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I have 2. One is my main selling ID that I have had since 1998. The other ID that I set up was to take advantage of Bing cashback program when it was running. Now I do all my buying with that ID.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have two.. One for my store and one to take advantage of the free listings for my cheap cards..

I would have to pay $0.10 for a card listed on auction with my main account whereas I get free listings with the new one..

autocut

Before sniping, I did. I use to flip cards all the time and find steals. had someone watching what I bid on and up the bids. Created a second acct to prevent that. That's when i collected 2001 Fleer Genuine Final Cut, 2002 Fleer Classic Cuts, and nice patch cards.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
why not have multiple ID's? I have my main account and then the other account I use to bid up stuff to make the other Canseco guys pay more :lol:

sarcasm don't work as well on the net... :D

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Pinbreaker said:
I have two.. One for my store and one to take advantage of the free listings for my cheap cards..

I would have to pay $0.10 for a card listed on auction with my main account whereas I get free listings with the new one..

That is actually a great reason to have a second account.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Russ S. said:
You have to have a whole different email and paypal set up correct?
Been debating it for awhile.

no, you can use one paypal email for as many accounts as you want.
bottom line is, ebay doesnt care as long as you arent using them
for shenannigans.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
boomo said:
Russ S. said:
You have to have a whole different email and paypal set up correct?
Been debating it for awhile.

no, you can use one paypal email for as many accounts as you want.
bottom line is, ebay doesnt care as long as you arent using them
for shenannigans.
Thanks Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts