Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

People here don't read/comprehend threads before posting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
Re: So...now that Bonds has been cleared of all steroid charges

There was no doubt anyways he was going to make it, was there? Even look at his career before roids, pretty damn remarkable.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

As much as I despise the guy, he'd better get in the hall.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

I should get in the Hall before Barry does. I have loved the game for it being a game, he hasn't done that since making the Bigs. I have never done steroids, he hasn't stopped. Or at least he doesn't know if he has or hasn't (apparently he doesn't know what he drinks). Whether or not I hit over 700 homeruns, I am better for the game than he is. I hope they ban him FOR LIFE. This goes for Manny too...in case you were wondering.

Jan 15, 2009

alexs64 said:
I should get in the Hall before Barry does. I have loved the game for it being a game, he hasn't done that since making the Bigs. I have never done steroids, he hasn't stopped. Or at least he doesn't know if he has or hasn't (apparently he doesn't know what he drinks). Whether or not I hit over 700 homeruns, I am better for the game than he is. I hope they ban him FOR LIFE. This goes for Manny too...in case you were wondering.
LOL, is this post serious? I guess you forgot about his pre-steroid years. Also, you have no where near as much skill as Bonds, maybe 1% of 1% of 1%, if that. And you try to tell us that you are better for baseball than Bonds? You know how many fans started watching baseball because of the legendary home run chase between Sosa, McGwire and Bonds?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

GiantsSuperCollector said:
alexs64 said:
LOL, is this post serious? I guess you forgot about his pre-steroid years. Also, you have no where near as much skill as Bonds, maybe 1% of 1% of 1%, if that. And you try to tell us that you are better for baseball than Bonds? You know how many fans started watching baseball because of the legendary home run chase between Sosa, McGwire and Bonds?
It doesn't matter. Guys like Mac, Bonds, Clemens and even Aroid will be kept out. If you don't believe me look into how well Shoeless Joe performed in the World Series and he is perma banned for "throwing" the series. He has been dead for how long and they still shut him out. It doesn't matter how great they were, how many did them at the time, (that they have been going on since the 60s as someone claims w/o proof) or that my grandmother can't hit a fastball - they will not get in.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

alexs64 said:
I guess I didn't realize Bonds hit 60+ HRs in 1998....

And saying Bonds is good for the game is silly.....yeah maybe he got fans to come to games, but at the expense of what? A tainted era? What about the post HR chase? Not good for the game in the long run....AT ALL.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008

1) Not cleared at all legally, a mistrial means he can be tried again.. doubt he will, but when 11 out of 12 jurors voted to convict on at least some of the perjury charges, then I certainly wouldn't crow about it

2) Doubt this will change anyones opinion, one way or the other, on the Hall

3) People who don't want him in the Hall don't think he wasn't a good enough player without the steroids, they argue that steroid usage shows he doesn't have the character to deserve to be in the Hall

4) HR chase was McGwire and Sosa, pure and simple... Bonds' chase was completely separate

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009

alexs64 said:

I don't know what you're thinking, but voters aren't going to say "He was great from 87-98, so we can forget about 99-07, so we'll put him in anyway." (or where ever you wanna make the cutoff). I personally think he and others should go in, just don't think it will happen, at least for a while.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

It seems obvious that today only reinforces Bonds' lack of character and integrity necessary for the HOF.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East

He will get it in. At some point most all steroid era guys will get in. Just like all pitchers from high mound era and dead ball era and all guys before segregation.

Jan 15, 2009

DWright5 said:
alexs64 said:

I don't know what you're thinking, but voters aren't going to say "He was great from 87-98, so we can forget about 99-07, so we'll put him in anyway." (or where ever you wanna make the cutoff). I personally think he and others should go in, just don't think it will happen, at least for a while.
I was saying how he was good before then too. Also, you can't just not allow a whole generation from the HOF because they took steroids when there were no rules against them.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

Krom said:
alexs64 said:
It doesn't matter. Guys like Mac, Bonds, Clemens and even Aroid will be kept out. If you don't believe me look into how well Shoeless Joe performed in the World Series and he is perma banned for "throwing" the series. He has been dead for how long and they still shut him out. It doesn't matter how great they were, how many did them at the time, (that they have been going on since the 60s as someone claims w/o proof) or that my grandmother can't hit a fastball - they will not get in.

Then it will be a boring 10-15 years of Hall of Average inductees.
Would you rather have people bitching about steriod players getting into the hall, or guys bitching that guys like Baines, Blyleven, etc get into the hall?
Never, EVER gonna make everyone happy.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

DWright5 said:
alexs64 said:

You're right, not for a while. But it will happen.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

Musial Collector said:
Then it will be a boring 10-15 years of Hall of Average inductees.

And those average players probably took 'roids to get to average anyway.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

How are the guys who took steroids different from the guys who cheated in other ways (ala Joe Jackson & Pete Rose)? If you put one in you have to put them all in IMO

Jan 15, 2009

scotty21690 said:
How are the guys who took steroids different from the guys who cheated in other ways (ala Joe Jackson & Pete Rose)? If you put one in you have to put them all in IMO
That is where you are missing the point, these guys didn't cheat it was not against the rules to use steroids.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

Yes, it's perfectly legal to chemically enhance a players body in order to have an unfair advantage against their competition. My bad.

Members online