Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1977 Topps Film Proof 1/1???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Curious.

It's completely plausible that it is an acetate proof of the magenta plate, but the lack of "Topps Vault" information has me confused.

Regardless, it's the magenta plate.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Curious.

It's completely plausible that it is an acetate proof of the magenta plate, but the lack of "Topps Vault" information has me confused.

So you think this could be "legit"?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ahill1 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Curious.

So you think this could be "legit"?
It could be, but I think it's strange that the acetate hasn't yellowed.

Acetate 4-color separations are indeed possible, but it appears odd to me that no Topps Vault information appears on the sticker, or anywhere. Topps is notorious for keeping everything, and then slowly selling it off.

Regardless, even if it is reall...I would highly doubt that it is a 1/1. Technically, anyone with a laser printer can print off a clean enough magenta "film proof" but scanning in almost any card.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Looking at some of Topps' previous auctions...it is very plausible that this is real.

Also, for reference, you can go to Topps Vault to see the realized pricing of the closed auctions. In their baseball section they have this, "1977 Topps 4-Color Film Positive - Andre Dawson $ 112.49."

Now, if it was a 4-color film positive, then there should be four positives...with the one you linked being the Magenta positive.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Looking at some of Topps' previous auctions...it is very plausible that this is real.

Also, for reference, you can go to Topps Vault to see the realized pricing of the closed auctions. In their baseball section they have this, "1977 Topps 4-Color Film Positive - Andre Dawson $ 112.49."

Now, if it was a 4-color film positive, then there should be four positives...with the one you linked being the Magenta positive.

Thanks for chiming in....I'm not sure if I want to take the gamble, but at least I'm a little more informed

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I saw this on the 'bay and saw mr.pirateninja was selling it. This is the inventor of the 'chrome proofs' and other various "1/1s". I am staying completely away.

Members online