Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are sellers just begging for a chargeback...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
...when the picture and the description just dont match?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Take a look at the 52 Musial in the link, then read the description:

1952 BOWMAN STAN MUSIAL #196 LOOKS NR-MT EXCEPT FOR LIGHT CREASE IN TOP HOT CARD SUPER SHARP CORNERS AWESOME CARD GET THIS BEFORE HE GOES UP HIGHER BV SUPER LOOK AT PICS

By the look of the pic, the corners are soft, the edges are fuzzy and the surface looks like it has marks, that of a 60 yr old card. I dont mind any of this at all, but why the ******, inaccurate description???

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Worst case scenario, the seller is out the shipping cost because on a chargeback, I believe the card has to be returned first, at the buyers expense. The scan is nice and detailed and I'm sure someone wants the card regardless in that particular condition. The auction description may have some positive influence on the sale, but probably not much, and likely the winning bidder will be happy with the card. While I agree that the seller stating the card as X condition is absurd and dishonest, he has nothing really to lose on his end so why should he care...

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Just one of many ways to try to get noobs to pay more money for the card. Those are not sharp corners and any card that is creased is obviously in less then great condition.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Since when did Ebay allow 13 year old kids to have an Ebay store?

And yes, the ID, store name and the description all are a laugh.

But at least the card is Authenic!

Members online