Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What constitutes a game used "Bat Knob" ?

Is EXHIBIT #3 a BAT KNOB or NOT?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Hey FCB

I would love for all of you to participate, discuss and express your opinions in regards to:

What constitutes a game used "Bat Knob" ?

Personally, for me, I've 100% believed that a Bat Knob from a game used bat are the OUTER part of the bottom of the bat. For example, when we hear the announcers say "oh! hit the knob of the bat!" or something like that...

Here are two examples below of what a Game Used Bat Knob is to look like:

KGrHqJjYE1JUCsPlRBNhotOLe-_3-1.jpg

exhibit #1

KGrHqRkwE2JPG1ZmCBNnccUITrg_3-1.jpg

exhibit #2

by looking at the above pics, you can tell by the fact that they look to be "used", along with the fact that there are personal markings and identifications with letters of their initials being stamped to the bat...

Now, please look at this so called "Game Used Bat Knob" of the same product as above...

IMG-1.jpg

exhibit #3

please look carefully....in my honest opinion, there is NO WAY this is what constitutes as a "Game Used Bat Knob" of said player....Bat Knobs DO NOT look like this...This is most likely the inside layer of the Bat Knob.

I would absolutely love for all of you to please take a few seconds and give your honest opinion as to whether exhibit #3 is in fact, a "GAME USED BAT KNOB" and what your definition is...

My thoughts are that there's a reason why these are so unique, collected and expensive...it's because from ONE game used bat of a player, you can produce ONLY ONE BAT KNOB because...THERE'S ONLY ONE!!!

Bat Barrel and Bat Knob cards? THEY ARE MADE USING THE OUTSIDE PART OF THE GAME USED BAT!!

That's how you can DIFFERENTIATE between a BAT BARREL or BAT KNOB vs just regular BAT CARDS!!

Dave

BTW, exhibit #3? Player uses a BLACK BAT...

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Bat Knob should be the end of the bat. Bat barrel can be a slice of said bat (not the end). And GU bat card can be a any piece of that bat(again just not the knob). My opinion.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
The knob is any piece below the handle of the bat. For cards it should be the very bottom with the markings on it, but they are covered as long as its part of the knob.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I would say the knob of the bat, to me, is the part of the bat below the handle keeping the bat from flying out out your hands when you swing. So I guess the third one is a part of that, maybe the knob had something written on it that Topps didn't want in their product.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Dave, in past years Topps labeled the exterior of the knob as 1/1s and the remainder of the knob was listed as #/5s

Sorry no image of the 1/1 I have.....this one is on ebay
$(KGrHqN,!hsE2RHzhUIWBNo6iwlIVQ~~_12.jpg

Members online

Latest posts