Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

18 wins to 13.94 ERA - Has he totally lost it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
With not so many games today I saw Phil Hughes was scheduled to pitch today and almost tossed him in my lineup just so I could get the extra Ks and potential win.... so glad I left him on my bench... I have a deep bench (keeper league) so I will leave him there for a few more weeks... but if a better option comes forward he will be gone.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
It was 18 wins with a league average ERA....he got a lot of run support.

Not saying he's a bad pitcher, he has a lot of talent....but don't be fooled by the wins.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
There were a lot of smoke and mirrors in those 18 wins last year. He was pretty brutal for about half of the year.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
mwashuc06 said:
When will the trade rumors of Chris Carpenter to NY start?

What about Carpenter/Pujols to NY :shock: :eek: I'm just joking but could there possibly be a blockbuster trade?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Pastretta said:
mwashuc06 said:
When will the trade rumors of Chris Carpenter to NY start?

What about Carpenter/Pujols to NY :shock: :eek: I'm just joking but could there possibly be a blockbuster trade?
Don't worry, they will sign him at the end of his 8 year contract with the Cards ;)

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I'll save Schmidtfan the trouble. At least his ERA is lower than Brian Wilson's.

Anyone know if this is mechanical or all in his head? Maybe they should drop trade rumors ala Pettite for Estes and hope he has a turn around.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
vwnut13 said:
Russ S. said:
vwnut13 said:
Why isn't Bartolo in the Starting Rotation?
Because he looks like a taller hispanic Sydney Ponson.

That's cool?
Just being honest.
Colon is pitching alot better than Hughes, but just like Ponson, who I couldn't stand as an Oriole, doesn't look one bit like an athlete. Big turd comes to mind, but that's MO. You don't have to agree with me, but he doesn't look like a ball player.
Maybe they are worried about his stamina and conditioning to be a starter.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Russ S. said:
vwnut13 said:
[quote="Russ S.":zjk8evwa]
vwnut13 said:

That's cool?
Just being honest.
Colon is pitching alot better than Hughes, but just like Ponson, who I couldn't stand as an Oriole, doesn't look one bit like an athlete. Big turd comes to mind, but that's MO. You don't have to agree with me, but he doesn't look like a ball player.
Maybe they are worried about his stamina and conditioning to be a starter.[/quote:zjk8evwa]

Yeah, there are lots of atheletes that dont look like atheletes. lol

Hell, Bartolo has pitched 4+ innings after Hughes three starts.

I don't care if he breaks down in July, he is pitching WAY to good to be Damage Control when Hughes pitches.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
Russ S. said:
vwnut13 said:
[quote="Russ S.":2cvwd5n9]
vwnut13 said:

That's cool?
Just being honest.
Maybe they are worried about his stamina and conditioning to be a starter.

Yeah, there are lots of atheletes that dont look like atheletes. lol

Hell, Bartolo has pitched 4+ innings after Hughes three starts.

I don't care if he breaks down in July, he is pitching WAY to good to be Damage Control when Hughes pitches.[/quote:2cvwd5n9]

I'm a Sox fan and he is almost looking like the Bartolo of old that didn't suck. His velocity is back up to low to mid 90's and his stuff actually looks good. His stats may not reflect it, but Colon has pitched very well.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Hughes has lost 4-5 MPH off his fastball for some unknown reason...if he can't get his velocity back up, he'll be OUT of the Yankees rotation soon

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Russ S. said:
vwnut13 said:
[quote="Russ S.":1cc6oqlh]
vwnut13 said:

That's cool?
Just being honest.
Maybe they are worried about his stamina and conditioning to be a starter.[/quote:1cc6oqlh]
Yea, Greg Maddox was the epitome of what a ball player should look like.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
rbadger said:
Hughes has lost 4-5 MPH off his fastball for some unknown reason...if he can't get his velocity back up, he'll be OUT of the Yankees rotation soon

Agreed. He'll be playing catch with Kei Igawa soon.

Members online

Latest posts