Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"The Heritage Stain" - the unintended '11 Heritage Variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So I grabbed a couple Heritage blasters a few weeks ago and as I was sorting through them today I noticed these. Two came in each blaster, so it's dumb luck that they all fit together perfectly. Clearly the yellow plate wasn't fully inked, but it's just a funny misprint for a product that has silly color variations.

heritage-oil.png

Anyone else pulling any sort of oddballs misprints from '11 Heritage?

Oh and yes, they'll be listed on eBay as super rare 4/1s with a BIN of $1,618,033.99.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
you laugh, but you will get good money for them on ebay.
I know Kevin, and that alone is kind of funny. Then again, I collect a lot of oddball printing errors and they just look cool together as they were right next to each other on the plate.

BunchOBull said:
That's such a perfect shape that it may have been a plate issue, a la 1990 Topps blackless.
Whether it was a plate issue such as some oil getting on the plate and the ink wouldn't adhere, or just changing the yellow and the ink didn't disperse in time...I don't think it was a plate issue like in 1990.

TBTwinsFan said:
A few people have pulled them. I think it will be interesting to see how the player collectors take these on, if they consider them a variation or not
I personally wouldn't classify it as a variation, but definitely a cool little oddball for player or Heritage enthusiasts.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
I pulled like 5 or 6 of 'em from retail, got a Beckham, carlos Santana and a couple other commons. All of them came from the same retail blaster my Arod rev neg did too, ive had awesome luck with Heritage retail this year

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I'm going to put an entire set on the window sill so the sun can turn them colors and sell them to Olbermann for
2000 times book.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
posted these the other day. Huddy's got quite the sunburn

hudsonheritage2.jpg

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
If I were a super hero my name would be "The Heritage Stain."

Cool cards, but we have to draw the line somewhere. The only variations I recognize are the collective pablum Topps "officially" forces down my throat while I giggle.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
...and then there is the secret society that knows the real secret behind the 2001 heritage light backs.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
gracecollector said:
posted these the other day. Huddy's got quite the sunburn

hudsonheritage2.jpg
It would be interesting to see the actual sheets to see where the placement is, with the levels of quality control on the press it's tough to imagine more than a few sheets getting through like this.

And I guess it's plausible that Hudson and Cousins were on the same sheet, placed below the four I posted.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Anyone else pulling these? Deciding on whether or not they are prevalent enough to chase down doing some sort of set.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Anyone else pulling these? Deciding on whether or not they are prevalent enough to chase down doing some sort of set.

i saw a guy ripping retail at the show yesterday and he got Larussa and someone else i cannot recall

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts