Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do I do next in this ebay situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
So I have (1) Freddie Freeman Aflac Auto card to sell........ I put it up on the bay for $199.95, someone hits the BIN on April 7th.

I wait for payment, I wait, I wait somemore. 3 Days later I send over a reminder and email. I wait, wait, wait some more no payment no response. On day 5, I email the guy again - no response, but I see this newbie is up to 20 feedback and is paying for his other items he is buying. No response.

On day 6 I file a FVF thing with ebay and wait another day or so and decide to relist the card because I really want to sell it.

The same buyer from the first one hits the BIN on this one and says "Just wanted to let u know that I purchased your other Freedie Freeman aflac auto and will pay for it when I pay for the other tomorrow. Thanks"

ARGH WTF

I email this ****** and try to inform him that I only have 1 aflac auto and that I relisted it because he never sent payment for the 1st one and never got as much as a response about his intention for paying for the card. I send him an email trying to communicate this and I send him a request to cancel the transaction request for the relisted card.

He denies it - so now Im ass out on that $15 FVF because this complete idiot doesnt understand the scope of the situation.

Is there anything i can do.

Any way I see it, Im gonna have to eat a $15 FVF because he is clueless. Please help.

G

You're probably not in the mood for a joke right now, but given the player involved and slowness of the transaction, was the buyer by any chance Chris Gilmore?

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Sounds like a ******* to me. I would try and explain the situation to eBay and send whatever emails this guy sent to you. Avoid harrassing the "buyer" and be as professional/levelheaded as you can. He has already proved he cannot comprehend anything you have told him. Also I would block him from never being able to bid on any of your future auctions.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Thanks guys - I will make sure to do this next time. Whatever happens, I guess Ill just have to live with it - the worst it will be is $15

Lesson learned. sometimes lessons can cost more than $15 - Ive run pretty good with stuff over the years, guess I just gotta take my lumps here.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
shoulda never relisted UNTIL you got you fee credit to your account. After that you should have blocked that bidder from bidding on your stuff. He played you.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You can always file a non paying bidder on the 2nd auction as well. There are plenty of ways to get the $ back.

I've not had the best luck in actually speaking with people, but you can get the buyer's phone number and try to communicate via phone.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Erich said:
Set your paypal for instant payment on BINs! So easy a caveman can do it.
I believe you can still get around that. After you commit they have the pay now or continue shopping. If you continue shopping with that seller you can avoid instant payment.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Rickzcards said:
Erich said:
I believe you can still get around that. After you commit they have the pay now or continue shopping. If you continue shopping with that seller you can avoid instant payment.

This is not true. If immediate payment is required then you cannot continue shopping. You have to pay then you can continue shopping.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
You made a mistake in listing before the unpaid item case closed. What if he did pay (I know he won't) and then somebody else bought the other listing?

Just kind of silly.

If I were you, id file NPBs ASAP for the second one as well. Theres no reason you won't get credited for both. He should also be taking NBP strikes so hopefully he'll get booted soon. If not, just block him. My advice...just wait it out.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Erich said:

As a buyer only on ebay, I would discourage this. I always pay for my auction/BIN right away, but this type of activity means that I can only buy one card from you at at time. This means that you won't be able to offer combined shipping which means that you might lose a few other sales as I always look to see if there is something else you might have since I already won one auction.

Out of curiosity I hear so many stories here about non paying bidders, but no one has not paid on auctions that I have lost! Out of 100 transactions, what is the average % of non payers. I can't imagine it is more than 1% otherwise wouldn't ebay start cracking down on this more since they would have to keep giving back the final value fees?

bmc398

May 25, 2009
IUjapander said:
Erich said:

As a buyer only on ebay, I would discourage this. I always pay for my auction/BIN right away, but this type of activity means that I can only buy one card from you at at time. This means that you won't be able to offer combined shipping which means that you might lose a few other sales as I always look to see if there is something else you might have since I already won one auction.

Out of curiosity I hear so many stories here about non paying bidders, but no one has not paid on auctions that I have lost! Out of 100 transactions, what is the average % of non payers. I can't imagine it is more than 1% otherwise wouldn't ebay start cracking down on this more since they would have to keep giving back the final value fees?

The one time where this happens does not outweight the 20 where the buyer doesn't pay. Plus, if you want to buy it that bad and combine shipping....you could contact the buyer beforehand.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
While the real world would say that 6 days was plenty of time to wait, I typically give my buyers at least 7 before I even send them a reminder and around day 10-14 before I send a NPB. You relisted in 6...that's pretty fast.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
BowmanChromeAddict said:
While the real world would say that 6 days was plenty of time to wait, I typically give my buyers at least 7 before I even send them a reminder and around day 10-14 before I send a NPB. You relisted in 6...that's pretty fast.
I agree to an extent....but...I feel like you wait too long. I wait til day 5 to open the case and then it takes 4 to resolve. Thats almost 10 days for them to pony up.

I only do that though when the buyer doesnt contact me. If after 5 days they don't have the decency to at least return an email, they arent going to pay...and its been true EVERY time.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
IUjapander said:
Erich said:

I have 175 sales on eBay in the last 90 days and only had 2 non paying buyers

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
jbrown said:
Rickzcards said:
Erich said:

This is not true. If immediate payment is required then you cannot continue shopping. You have to pay then you can continue shopping.
I think you still can, and whats to stop someone from closing their browser window after committing to buy? There are ways around everything if someone is so inclined.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Rickzcards said:
jbrown said:
Rickzcards said:
Erich said:

I think you still can, and whats to stop someone from closing their browser window after committing to buy? There are ways around everything if someone is so inclined.

The item is not "sold" until payment is sent. In the past, ive been in the process of checking out and paying for an item, only to get to the "enter" part of paypal and find out the item is no longer available....meaning someone checked out that much faster. So until payment sent, then item is still listed and available.

Members online

Latest posts