Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Watch out...New Ebay Phishing Scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
This one actually made me check my account. It's fake, thank god.

Read Message
Previous Next | Back to Messages

From : eBay.com <[email protected]> | Save to Address Book | Block Sender

To : [email protected]

Subject : Warning : Account suspended autentificate as a trusted eBay.com member

Date : Wed, Apr 13, 2011 09:17 PM

Move message to... InboxTrashSaved [ Print ]

Click here to display images in this message or edit your settings for all messages.
External Images and objects in this message have been blocked. What's this?

Dear member ,

Your account has been temporarily suspended for illegal login. Please click here to confirm the account as a verified member so you can continue to use the account.

Thank you for using eBay.com

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
all the Ebay phishing scams are sent from non Ebay email accounts.. big tipoff right from the start and the links they put to confirm your account are not ever Ebay based HTTP addresses. the fact that these things regularly fool people really surprizes me.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Yeah, the Ebays.com was the kicker...but still it REALLY looked offical.

I've seen them all in 11 yrs...and this was one of the most real looking.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":21rz66pb]How about the misspelled word in the subject line? There is another tip-off.

Yeah no kidding.

"autentificate"? Really?[/quote:21rz66pb]

That sounds nasty and lude :lol:

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
I knew someone that fell for it. A group in Ukraine then attempted to take out 1750$ from his account.

Luckily the bank noticed that it was a little out of the ordinary for a withdrawal to happen in Ukraine.

There is a special place in hell for these people....

G

npa589 said:
I knew someone that fell for it. A group in Ukraine then attempted to take out 1750$ from his account.

Luckily the bank noticed that it was a little out of the ordinary for a withdrawal to happen in Ukraine.

Yes, but unfortunately I believe that special place is called the Ukraine.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Chris Levy":rv6256hm]Wow. So you're the one person in 2011 still using Juno?
Atleast he di not mention Excite.com or even scbglobal.net :lol:[/quote:rv6256hm]

I still use an Excite email for one of my trade boards and here. :lol:

Again...hate to dump an old friend.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Chris Levy said:
npa589 said:

Yes, but unfortunately I believe that special place is called the Ukraine.
bustedtees.baf06648e25ac75e5019ebcc74b895f6.jpg

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Here is the #1 way to avoid this crap: Never click a log in link from a paypal email. They never have a link to log in from an email.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Tomlinson21RB said:
Here is the #1 way to avoid this crap: Never click a log in link from a paypal email. They never have a link to log in from an email.

Never log into ANY sensitive website from an email...one of the first things I learned online.

Still, ppl get fooled ::facepalm::

69madman69

Feb 25, 2011
You really thought that email looked legit? Definitely do some google searches on phishing to properly educate yourself on this important subject because nothing looked remotely legit about that message. Glad you didn't fall for it.