Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you guys do during the "dry" times?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
A far as collecting. Doesnt matter if its player collating ,set building whichever you choose.

What do you do when thee just isn't any available, even if you have the funds for it?

Im looking for pre-86 topps 3-Box Rack cases, and there are none to be found. Kind of bummed about it.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I've had a dry spell lately with my Michigan 1/1's in football. So I started a raw Ernie Banks vintage PC. I think I just can't quit spending money. This stuff is very decently priced though. I can't believe how cheap Banks stuff is.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
First got into cards when I was 5 or 6 years old buying 1978/79 topps in racks from woolworth

I feel old

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
js0000001 said:
First got into cards when I was 5 or 6 years old buying 1978/79 topps in racks from woolworth

I feel old
I used to ride my bicycle to the store after school to buy baseball and football cards in 1972.

I am old

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
products%5CSAFETY%20PRODUCTS.A1.SKIN%20CARE%20PRODUCTS.SKINCARE%5CUV%20SKIN%20LOTION.SKINCARE%20K%5CSKINCARE%20K_I002001hand_WebPic1.JPG

Matsuicollector said:
Start a player collection...You'll have to be at it a VERY long time before you reach true dry periods :lol:
Quoted for truth!
You ain't lying brother.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Matsuicollector said:
Start a player collection...You'll have to be at it a VERY long time before you reach true dry periods :lol:

Very true. The only dry spells for me are when I'm broke. Which is going to be real soon. :lol:

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
If we're talking about cards, the answer is I expand my collection to different avenues.

Currently, my player collection(s), my set(s) need list, and PC cards I've always wanted are simply not showing up. I have now started looking at cards I didn't before. I wish I could spend my time organizing/scanning my collection but I simply hate doing it.

I do look at "dry" times as an opportunity to really go after a card I want when it DOES pop up since I'm not spending as much as I normally would.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The "dry" times is one of the main reasons I started collecting Justin Morneau. However since I have actually focused my Kirby Puckett collection I am usually able to find something I dont have. This has allowed me to just pick and choose for my Morneau collection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts