Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 4/16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's (tentative) notable starters include:

Rudy Owens
Adrian Salcedo
Miguel de los Santos
Garrett Gould
Shane Dyer
Cody Scarpetta
Jake Odorizzi
Jesse Biddle
Joe Kelly
Liam Hendriks
DJ Mitchell
Tanner Scheppers (2011 debut)
Lance Lynn
Danny Duffy
Zack Wheeler
Ethan Martin
Alex Torres

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Miguel de los Santos is a guy I want to see. His curveball has been called the best in the system. Struck out 14.3 per 9 last year between Spokane and Hickory. Frisco seems like an aggressive assignment for him. Hope to catch him in person this summer.

Tanner Scheppers - First game game back after being on the DL for back problems. The Rangers brass still seem to think he can be a starter. I think they are they only ones who do.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Several rainouts.

Tommy Mendonca HR (3)

Rudy Owens - 6.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:
Several rainouts.
Very disappointed - I was supposed to see Harper this evening in Hagerstown, but rain has halted that. Headed up next Friday as a consolation, so luckily will get to see Profar as well (whom I've yet to see live) - a small BA contingent will be there also.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Every single game in the Eastern League got rained out.

Kipnis 3-4, 2B, BB

Torres is killing again. So far - 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K

Tim Beckham HR (1)

Ryan Flaherty 2 HR (3)

Sean Halton HR (1)

Tommy Mendonca went deep again, in Game 2.

Jared Hoying HR (1)

Jonathan Garcia continues to kick ass for Great Lakes. 3-3, 2B, HR (4), 3 RBI (batting .353)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Ryan Strieby is 2-4 for the second straight night, including a walk and a 2-out RBI. His average has rebounded all the way back to .257, and he's now hitting line drives instead of weakass grounders to the shortstop. Yes.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Is it just me, or is everyone else getting bombarded with "free games" popups from MiLB.com every time you try to check a box score too?
Either the game popup or some kind of fake newspaper article trying to sell something. Seems to be on every MiLB.com team site.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
SamHell said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Is it just me, or is everyone else getting bombarded with "free games" popups from MiLB.com every time you try to check a box score too?
Either the game popup or some kind of fake newspaper article trying to sell something. Seems to be on every MiLB.com team site.

It's annoying as hell. ANd it's not like it only pops up once, the same ad pops up for me every time I click just about anything so I have to X out of about 14 things every time I get on the site. Not that it's really an option, but it makes me want to use a different site.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Only when I visit the homepage.

Sam - yes, I like Hoying. Read good stuff about him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts